When exactly DOES the 2nd trimester start???

Hi! I am 12 weeks exactly & my Pregly app says I'm starting my 2nd trimester today, but my What to Expect book says I don't start it until I am 13 weeks!... anyone know which is correct? Thanks! =)

Comments

• I think its 13 I'm 14 weeks on Wednesday and I'm sure I just started my 2nd trimester when I turnt 13 weeks
  • Thanks! That's what I thought- I was just surprised to see my tracker say 2nd trimester when I got up this morning! :)
  • I think its exciting when you go into your next trimester :)
  • Definitely, and a huge sigh of relief, too! Grow baby grow!!! :)
  • @vette_devil - what is your due date? I can have a look at the app and fix it if necessary!
  • My doc said 14 weeks...12 weeks is when the chance of miscarriage goes down and the nausea gets better. I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and am hoping to feel better!
  • @Martin: my due date is Aug. 1st 2011... thanks! =)
  • This tracker goes a week ahead also. I'm 25 weeks tomorrow. But its been counting me at 25 weeks all week. Because I'm 24 weeks and one day its saying im IN my 25th wk. Kinda confusing. But that's why it seems ahead a lot.
  • @vette_devil well, I did some checking, but must conclude that you really are in your 2nd trimester already :-)

but... there is more than one definition.. The definition used by the app is called "by development", there are two other ones: "by gestation" and "by conception". The book probably uses the gestation one, as by that definition the 2nd trimester begin at 13w and 3d!

@Kmose77 - what is your due date? I'd like to check that out as well. However I think that the stats page is correct but confusing. Let's say that you are 3 days pregnant - then you could say that you are in week 0, which is the 1st week of your pregnancy. It is the same with your age. When you are 3 days old, you are in the 1st year of your life.

I definitely need think about how to make that page less confusing, because I have seen more comments about the same topics.

thanks for your input!
  • Yes it's confusing, mine says I'm in my 8th week but that I'm 7 weeks abd six days pregnant. And that to me is still seven weeks not eight.
  • @JenniFurrFurr - yeah you are right. maybe I should remove the week counter alltogether because it causes so much confusion..
  • I like that it shows the week, polar don't remove that, I just think that at seven weeks and six days it should still tell me I'm in my seventh week, not my eighth.
  • edited January 2011
    @JenniFurrFurr - You are right, I will remove the suffix and lower the number with 1. So the 1st week will be displayed as week 0, the 2nd as week 1, etc. Hopefully that will be less confusing :-) It will be included in the next update