Need ideas for my gender reveal party!!

edited December 2011 in Baby showers
In 4 weeks my hubby & I will be having our party with just close family.

I want to have just some appetizer type foods & dessert (cake) obviously.

Anyway, has anyone ever had this party? What did you do? What games should I do. I want to have everyone decorate a paper plate & write boy or girl on it and get a picture of them. maybe do a "drawing of the plates" of the right sex of course & that person gets a gift card? I dunno. HELP!

Comments

• So you should do cup cakes and make one of the cup cakes blue or pink and thats how you will reveal you baby's gender!! Just make sure you or someone knows what cup cake it is soi it gets given out!!
  • I say kinda the same thing as @starlilly.. get a cake and when you cut the cake it will reveal the gender either pink or blue cake inside but like white frosting on the outside lol
  • I bought an iron on from hobby lobby that said FYI its a boy on an undershirt it turned out really cute
  • I know people who had the tech write the gender on paper in an envelope so even they didn't know and they gave it to the baker who made the cake not directed towards any sex but filled it with pink or blue frosting so what ever color was in the middle when they cut into it was what there having. Surprise!
  • Have the guests wear whatever color they think it is, it'd be fun to see who thinks what
  • It all sounds fun! Its a great way to celebrate and get everyone involved!!!
  • Well I was doing the cake. I guess I tight it was a must so I didn't write it in there. But yes after the u/s we will bring the envelope to a
    baker! @starlilly @mommylovessparkle

I'm trying to think of stuff to do. I mean snack on appetizers, decorate a plate, cut the cake but then what? Lol.
  • I saw the cake thing on Cake Boss.
  • Buy a bunch of white onzies and have them decorate them for baby.
  • Buy a bunch of white onzies and have them decorate them for baby.
  • Stupid phone. Sorry lol
  • my sis wrapped a family board game with like 7 to 10 different paper and then you put a sticky note on each layer starting with you, you would read what the sticky note said " pass to a grandparent" give it to that person they unwrap it and read the next sticky note " you have change a baby's diaper blind folded in 30 seconds" have then do that task then they would pass the present to " person with all kids that sre boys" stuff like that. then she would give a small gift to eveyone that got passed the gift or completed the task on time..
  • buy some cheap beaded necklaces and pass then out to everyone and wgeh some one says the word baby they get to take that persons necklace, the person with the most gets a gift...
  • my frind had a money jar at hers, she passed it around to everyone and they put some money it, then eveyone tries to guess how much money was in the jar, person closest got a gift..
  • @starlilly thanks for the ideas! Definately going to talk to hubby about them!
  • if i think of more I post ot message you!! Good luck!!