Poop diaper explosion troubles!

edited June 2012 in First time moms
Ive seriously tried every kind of diaper there is. Huggies, Pampers, Luvs and finally stuck with Target's Up and Up diapers. Every day my son has poop all over his onesie and pants. Sometimes its three times a day. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Is my son's diaper too big or small for him? Its so frustrating, all of his onesies have stains on them!
Is there anything I can give him to make his poop solid???? Aggggh

Comments

• My son is ten months old and he is 19 pounds. Hes in the threes right now, but he can wear the fours even though they go kind of high on his back.
  • Some days he does. Some days hes way off schedule. He doesnt ever have a really squishy diaper on so its not like he is sitting in a wet diaper all day. Sometimes the fours keep it in and sometimes its a complete mess.
  • Thank you for the suggestions. I could try the oatmeal though!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yep I always make sure that the leak catchers are always up and where the should be.
  • Bananas help solidify (fresh, not baby food), you can just peel half the banana, then scoop it out with a spoon & it gets real mushy so he won't choke. Hth!
  • Everytime Keegan has explosive out poops that go up her back it means her diapers are too small. Thats how I know her diapers are too small. I try the next size and no more poop clothes.
  • I would go up the next size
  • My daughter used to do that to us all the time I just realized that part of it was the fact that I needed to pull up the diaper more and make it tighter. I'm sure you already tried that. I hope it's just a stage because it's nothing you're doing wrong. :)
  • Yea, go a size up. Thats always been the first indicator for my kids that they are in the wrong size diaper. It happens sometimes regardless, but when it continues to happen, you should def switch sizes
  • Go up the next size, and make sure they are right enough. I've noticed when I use disposables going out, sometimes they will leak, but then I move up a size they stop.