seriously...how would you feel? am i overreacting?

edited March 2013 in Relationships
So its my sons second easter and his dad and I are working things out but not living together at the moment. He's living with ppl who don't even allow me over. So today they invited him to the zoo and were gonna pay for him and riley, my son, also.

It woulda been rileys first time at the zoo and being the one who is always watching him, his firsts are important to me and I wanna be there. I don't plan on having more kids. His dad doesn't watch him overnight or during the day like...ever. and when he does wanna take him, its for these fun things that of course I wanna go to also.

So since these ppl invited him, I wasn't allowed to go too, cuz they hate me, whatever. I was pretty upset and told him "if we are working it out, why not spend the holidays and firsts together too?" Those people don't want us together. Its like we are living under their rules and I don't want that. And I reeeeally don't wanna be missing out on my sons expressions when he first sees monkeys and hippos and elephants and giraffes....

Would you have let your kid go if you were in this situation? Cuz I had already wanted his dad to go to an easter picnic with us and yesterday I found two egg hunts to go to and we did and we had fun....I'm not keeping him from our son or anything, I just wanna be there.... I just started working, too, so I wanna cherish the moments I have with my son. Id rather be with him having a blast than have a few hours of total free time.

Comments

• I would let him go simply because it would be selfish you have him miss out on fun because you are not there. But I also understand your viewpoint. If he allows this type of crap, there is no way you can work things out. That is absolutely ridiculous on his roommate's end and I would be outraged that he wouldn't stand up for you and his family.
  • I wouldn't let these people have that control period. That's just me. Yeah the zoo sounds awesome, but if you and dad arnt able to take him with just you 3 that's ok. Go do another Easter activity together. There are many more days to go to the zoo together. These people just offered the zoo and to pay for him and the baby in hopes that you wouldn't be able to top that. F them. Its your family. Tell daddy that you guys can plan on taking your son on his birthday or next payday and just go to a local event be together. Today is a day for god and family, not BS and drama and loneliness. Happy Easter mama
  • Thanks @captivated and @adriens_mommy We have four dogs at home and a miniature horse and a bhuge lizard so hes always having a blast with those animals every day lol. We are gonna take him later this week to the zoo, as a family. Today his dad is going to the easter picnic with us after all.
  • Glad he came to his senses, he should not do something on Easter that excludes you, especiallywhen you are trying to work on your relationship.
  • I would have hard time I don't think it's over reacting bc I couldn't ever miss anything of my daughters and our new baby to come. And plus you had other fun plans so that doesn't make it selfish it'snot like you had nothing going on. but hope you guys have fun!
  • That's awesome im so glad he is supporting your feelings and decisions. Have a great time as a family :)
  • Thanks @everyone we had a really great time after all, he said it was the best Easter ever, so that made me feel good :) I hope y'all had a great Easter as well :)