Experience?

edited July 2013 in Labor
I'm 38 weeks and 1 day today and lost at least some of my mucus plug. I didn't notice when I lost my plug with my first, he was norn at 38 weeks and 2 days, but I'm curious as to how long after losing it did your labor start. I'm also experiencing intense pain in my lady parts. It literally hurts to walk or move to the point of tears. I feel really swollen down there....is that normal?

Comments

• At around 35 wks i started feeling pain in my lady parts and i started losing my mucous plug in chunks, long story short i never went into labor.
  • Started losing mine about 3-4 weeks before with both pregnancies.
  • I dont remember loosing mine, but just my opinion since u had ur first around this time and sounds like ur loosing a lot of it and ur in a lot of pain I think u could be any day. I was getting that uncomfortable feeling two weeks before labor but it was never to point of tears ur baby must be really low by now.
  • Lost my mucus plug over a periodof 3 days Wed, Thur, Fri. And went into labor the following Monday morning I also had my membranes stripped twice the prior week
  • My labor started about a week after I lost my mucous plug.
  • Any update? How you feeling?
  • @wilsomom no baby yet :( I have SPD...the ligaments in my pelvis softened too much and I can just feel my bones sliding and grinding around. I want to walk to help get things moving but it hurts too bad to walk a lot so I'm just waiting. I really hope its soon though. my first was born just after 38 weeks and still weighed over 7.5lbs...I'm afraid this one will be huge. I didnt have SPD with my first either so I'm more nervous about labor this time.