17 weeks... is this happening to anyone else???

edited January 2011 in Second Trimester
I am 17 weeks pregnant with #2 and have had bouts of almost cramping, but more discomfort. When I feel my belly it feels kind of like I'm having a contraction (hard). Other times I can feel the outline of the baby where it is uncomfortable. It is usually on one side or the other. I never noticed this with my first. I'm wondering if maybe I am dehydrated because I have had a serious migraine for 5 days or if it is because I am not gaining any weight (1 pound to date) and I just don't have the "cusion" Hmmm... On top of it all I found out my neurologist prescribed me something that I really should not have been taking (Robaxin 500mg) Kind of freakin' out. Thoughts? Or is this happening to anyone else?? Also any tips on how to gain some weight without eating fast food (which is what I did with #1) would be greatly appreciated. I have an u/s scheduled for next Tuesday also.

Comments

• I'm 16 weeks with my 3rd pregnancy and I have horrible migraines and my neurologist prescribed me vicodin I have maybe gained two pounds my husband is trying to eat healthy so I want to eat more pasta and red meat I go see my Dr on Friday. I don't know when I get to see my baby. Have you felt your little one move and if so how often
  • @debs I have been taking percocet for the migraines (which, from what I understand is way better than most of the stuff out there or taking too much of something because it doesn't work.) I feel the baby move a lot. It's weird because it is so early (at least that's what I thought...lol) I actually just got home from the ER because of my head (nothing worked... not even the percocet this time.) For some reason my migraines get about 10 times worse when I am pregnant. I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones that they would go away with my second trimester... guess not...lol. I am glad that there is someone else who understands... it's not easy :) I noticed red meat triggers my head to go haywire along with everything else... hehe. Have you felt your little one yet??
  • @casnleslie I thought I did but I think I was wrong that was Friday and this week I felt nothing I'm scared but trying to relax and remember every pregnancy is different my Dr also told me try drinking soda that it can help my migraines. I had migraines like this with my first not my second so I'm thinking this one is a girl like my first. Did you have these problems with your first
  • @debs I wouldn't worry about not feeling the babe too often. Remember they are still super tiny and have to move just right for you to feel them. Don't be scared :)
    I have had migraines since I was 8 or so, but they get almost untreatable when I am pregnant. I don't know if it is harder for meds to work properly or what, but it is ridiculous. I am getting a whole bunch of tests done over the next week to try and see what is going on. Just makes me nervous because I get way more cramps when I have massive head pain and I'm afraid it is hurting the baby in some way. This pregnancy is soooo much different than my first! Example: no heartburn this time, but gag reflex is outta control...lol
  • I don't have migraines but i was wondering if you had tried suppliments to gain weight. They r available in many flavors as well as low glucose forms.
  • I have not. Are you speaking of ensure or something like that??? I will try anything that is healthy!
  • My heartburn for both didn't come till the end I hope everything goes okay with your test hopefully they can find something to help with the pain my Dr told me to take magnesium pills. Try not to stress about the cramps I would think everything is ten times worse with a migraine I know it is for me
  • @debs... thanks so much... and it's true everything is ten times worse with a migraine...lol