In the hospital.. unexpected surgery. wish me luck! :/ WARNING graphic pics!!

On Wednesday night I was making fried zucchini and my oil got burnt so I wanted to switch it out and put new oil in.. So I poured the hot oil into a glass cup and 2 seconds later the cup exploded all over me. I ripped my pants off so quick and screamed for my mom. She told me to hurry and get into a bath with cold water. She called the ambulance and they took me straight to the hospital. I have 2nd degree burns on both of my thighs and down my leftf leg and the finger tips on my left hand. I thought they would give me some cream and pain medicine and I'd be on my way cuz to me it didn't look too bad. But omg was I wrong. I have to get surgery today at 3. The dr said it is best to do this so it has a way smaller chance of getting infected and it will help it not scar so much since it is such a big area. I guess what they do is put me to sleep then they will go in and scrape all of the dead skin off and clean it really well and then put some type of dressing over it to help it heal. I am so nervous. Please send me positive vibes. I have a picture if someone wants to post it here in my thread.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I'll add it for you.

I feel so bad for you, I cant even imagine the pain! I really hope all goes well!
  • Oh man! :-( Good luck sweety!!!
  • Oh no! Good luck girl. Praying for a safe surgery and fast recovery!
  • You'll be in my thoughts, good luck!
  • Ouch!! It hurts just looking at the pics :-(
  • Omg girl!!!! Lots and lots of prayers for u!!!!!
  • Ok my gosh!! Sending you good vibes! Hope you have a speedy recovery.
  • Thanks girls. I just really hope it heals and there isn't too much scarring. :(
  • emyemy
    edited November 2012
    Bless ur heart. I'll keep u in my prayers.
  • Yikes! That's so scary, and I'm so sorry that happened to you! Thank you for sharing; I won't be pouring hot oil into cups anymore... :-(
  • Oh no!! :( I'm sorry! I'll be thinking of you!
  • Ouch. My cousin just got burn last week when her oil caught on fire.
  • Omg!!!!! Good luck hun!!!
  • OMG! Sending prayers

Did u put hot old in to a regular glass cup?
  • Omg that looks so painful
  • Oh my! Praying for a quick recovery!
  • Oh my gosh thinking of u
  • Well surgery went good. They basically took all the dead skin off and scrubbed it and cleaned it up really good. Then they covered it with I think they called it pig skin? I'm not really sure. But my legs are covered and I am hooked up to pain meds and antibiotics. I have to stay one more night so they can monitor me. I am hoping this surgery is going to help me from getting a huge scar :/ My mom and friend have been amazing!! My mom has been taking care of my baby and my friend has stayed every night with me in the hospital. I can't wait to be home with my baby girl though!! And for those of you who know my story baby daddy wanted to come see me in the hospital and I politely declined. I think he was in shock I said no lol. He is so use to me being all over him. And this time I truly did not want him to come see me. Were not lovers or friends right now were co parents. So I am growing a set of balls and setting some boundaries. If that makes any sense to anyone!! Being away from my daughter 3 nights in a row has opened my eyes alot. I miss her and love her so much!! I can't wait to recover and go home.
  • Oh and I have a few more pics if someone wants to post them!
  • Oh no :( I'm so sorry that's happened to you , im happy your surgery went well though :)
  • edited November 2012
    wow hope u feel better whats weird is every time I finish cooking with oil I put the left over oil n a glass instead of n the sink cause it will clogg it glad the oil hasn't busted on me gonna steak to left over cans instead of glass hope u get better
  • Yay, to your successful surgery and double YAY, to your new set of balls! You are taking control of your life. Yippeeee!
  • @Mijita haha yaya balls!!

@Roxy yeah I don't know what happened or how it broke but I definitely would recommend putting it in a can and not a glass container. It was a scary experience.

@mommylovessparkle thanks I hope it heals good!!

can anyone upload my pics? Maybe @caroline8_p
  • edited November 2012
    Untitled

Untitled

Then... THE CUTENESS!
    Untitled
  • Glad everything went well. Yay for balls!! Lol