How often does your SO go out?

2»

Comments

• @salasmommy Bringing friends or family here to drink once in a while is ok, IF they respected this house as a family home, but that option went out the window when he decided to bring ALL his drunken cousins home after a party one night and they were yelling and making soooo much noise while my son and I Slept. So that was the end of that.
  • Not enough. I wish he'd get out of my hair/off my a** a little more often... maybe I need to go out more!!!

On a serious note, if he did go out every weekend, I'd be pissed! When his friend lived with us a few months ago, they would sit on our back deck and smoke cigarettes and drink beer for hours. Fine for his single-childless friend; not fine for daddy. Between nap, school, and work schedules, we have a limited amount of family-time. Bds need to value that time as much as we mommies do!!!
  • @scarlettsmama can your hubby have a chat with my bf about finances? I'm jealous because I'm sick of saying "no" to bf's ludicrous spending. I want to retire in 10-12 years...he HAS to have the newest TV, phone, computer or other gadget...and I'm sick of feeling like the only adult in the house. I want to be reckless with money; I want to be told "no"!
  • Can't remember the last time we went out separately.
  • He doesn't go out without me if he did I would think that's weird. If we get chance to go out we go out together. Maybe u can talk to him about it if u haven't yet.
  • My boyfriend goes out or has a buddy or two over for guy time 2-4x a month. (Not including one of his best friends who comes over for dinner once a week, which I don't mind, I love the guy) We also go out together, but I recognize that he has a lot of close guy friends and he needs time with just them. I don't mind because I know his friends, and I knowmost of them are great guys. (It helps that I've known his closest friends since elementary or junior high). I know I can trust him not to do anything stupid, like get completely wasted or spend a shit ton of money... Plus, I sometimes enjoy having the night to myself after our daughter is asleep. Lol. At the end of the day, I think its good for us both to go out and have some time by ourselves with other people. I know he wouldnt cheat, he knows I wouldn't, so its not really an issue for us.
  • @natashalynn I know he won't cheat, that's not the issue. The issue is that its nit fair to me that he doesn't want to change his life much now that he is a father.
  • Ah fair enough. My bf did change his life, he's a hard worker, and spends a lot of time with us, but if he wants a night off and to go see friends, I don't mind. He let's me go out as I please, so it's pretty even on that front. If he were going out all the time and getting hammered and spending a ton of money on partying..well that'd be a different scenario.
  • @natashalynn I hope people don't think I am calling him a bad father, bcuz he is a wonderful father. I just wish he would stop the desire to go out.
  • I don't see how going out two weekends in a row is a problem. There are some who go out 3 nights a week every week or go out every weekend or ones who up and leave once the baby comes.
  • Never, actually. And not because I don't want him to.... He just doesn't find reason to. Or whatever he wants to go do he wants to do with me :) makes me feel special lol...
  • edited November 2012
    Never he works two nights during the weekend and goes to college during the week
  • @Math_mommy I'm actually the bad one he's constantly lecturing me about money...he's like really cheap...and I love shoes....and bags.......and baby clothes lol
  • @mrs4c its a BIG problem, to me good parents don't go out that much, things change when u have a child and that's one thing that should change. JMO
  • Mine never goes out he works all the time tho.. He only goes out with me
  • @mrs4c my comment didn't come out the right way lol...not saying if u go out alot u are a bad parent but its just not something I would do, or want my SO to do.
  • My husband rarely goes out. If he does and we don't go together, he waits til the kids are asleep. Ever since having kids I can't stay out late anyway. We usually just have friends over for dinner and drinks.
  • He rarely goes out without me, he's gone over to friends houses to watch football games and I would go too but lo has bedtime, so he goes and I stay home. So I guess that's not really going out lol.
  • @scarlettsmama No fair. I'm sick of paying bills, making spreadsheets, reading financial statements and other reports, and analyzing our finances six ways from Sunday. I want to shop frivolously (actually I wish cute clothes would just appear in my closet...I kinda hate the act of shopping...so, I guess I wish I could just bring myself to hire a personal shopper while the kids and I were at the park!)
  • Tell him he is limited to twice a month and the same for you. There is no need to become a hermitt bc u have a child. Everyone needs a break I know I lose IQ points everyday. Lol