how many calories and how much sugar can you have in order to actually loose weight..

I reached a scary amount of weight when I was pregnant lost 57lbs but fear that I gained back how do I know I have successfully gotten on the right path to loosing weight with out running around trying to measure myself.

How much of what is needed to help me burn weight?

HELP

I know @mijita can help

Comments

• myfitneaspall app LOL helps
  • I'll try it thanks @Roxy
  • I honeatly never kept up with calorie intake just did the uaual common sense crap like no junk food and soda drink water and eat healthy. Also Breastfeed breastfeed breastfeed it worked for me. Try to exercise too
  • It's late for that breastfeeding thing, I did it but it never worked out for me. @SalasMommy
  • It's not sugar that you would need to necessarily cut out unless you have more then a candy bar a week or something. One tspn of sugar equals to 15 calories. Limit red meats, breads, pasta, potatoes, and no junk food(soda, chips, fast food..ect). You can go onto most of any fitness app and they'll suggest a number of calories in a day. Make sure the calories aren't empty, as in popcorn. If it can't make you full don't eat it...unless it's a healthy snack like an apple. Another way you could do...ask "was is grown like that?" ;-)
  • I've heard add a 0 to what your goal weight is and that's how many calories you should have daily. Drink 2 liters of ice water. That burns some calories!
  • You should take in 500 or so less calories then what is needed daily to maintain your weight, you really shouldnt go below 1200 a day without medical supervision bc your body still needs fuel to function
  • I use myfitnesspal.com and I am counting calories you should try it
  • Thanks ladies
  • edited November 2012
    The following link is in my opinion an accurate assessment of daily caloric requirement, using all the important variables.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Weight loss is not contributed to one key factor, but rather a few. Your body requires a certain number of calories (energy) to survive and in most cases we exceed that need. When we consume excess amounts our body cannot use it, therefore it stores it for times of famine. Since that rarely happens, we continue the vicious cycle and pack on the unwanted pounds.

In order to lose weight you have to create a caloric deficit. One pound is equivalent to 3500 calories, so in order to lose weight you have to bank (not eat or burn through exercise) these calories.

You want to eat the minimum amount of calories your body needs to function; this number will be higher the heavier you are. The foods you eat should be wholesome and you should follow portion control. Limit excess sugars and refined foods, that tend to increase/spike blood sugar to prevent the peaks and valleys associated with overeating and binge eating. Exercise is also important in helping create that caloric deficit to encourage weight loss.

I am also on MyFitnessPal and can help with suggestions and recommendations to help tweak your behaviors to assist with your weight loss goals.

:)