legal advice....help please

edited November 2012 in Pregnant
So tonight at work i hit a guy for yelling derogatory stuff at me and he is pressing charges. This will be my first offense so the cops said i will probably get probation. With probation will i still be able to go Japan with my husband in February?

Comments

• The cops said yes but im still looking for second opinions.
  • I think all you have to do is get written permission from your probation officer. Maybe they'll let you do community service instead?
  • Did you press charges for what he said?
  • Parole... You can't leave your county without permission

Probation... You can travel no problem. I would fight the charge and they'll most likely drop it.
  • ^ I agree. Fight the charges. Unless u totally attacked the guy, I bet they'll b dropped.
  • Yep fight the charges he provoked you .. They give you invisible probation if they charge you meaning your free to do or go wherever and whatever as long as you don't commit another crime
  • @fate
    @steph_due_101611
    @ynvtish
    @mommyof3girls
    @ebbry89

Thanks ladies and.i didnt.attack.him i just punched.him and he got.put hurt. But my.boss.is calling to see.if.hes pressed charges

@ynvtish whats the difference with parole and probation ive never been in.trouble with the law.like this. If.i opt for anger management which i.know i.need.could.they do that? And this is my firat offense would they give me.a.probation officer.in Japan? How.long.do you think itll be?
  • The guy was.drunk
    I was sober does.that make it worse or better
  • edited November 2012
    I had a first offense an got unsupervised probation which meant I culd go anywhere an do wat I wanted as long as I didn't get in any trouble during my probation period I didn't have to do anythang I just called after my probation date an they sed I was done with everythang. supervised probation is wen u have a probation officer an have to check in an ask to go to other states an places
  • edited November 2012
    You'll probably just end up with an ACD if anything at all. It lasts 6 months and is basically a slap on the wrist. You can't get into any legal trouble while it's in effect but it's not as strict as probation.
  • What does ACD stand for? @starrxoxo9

The guy hasnt pressed charges but his last remark was ima put her in jail see.if she.goes.to Japan with her husband now. So i guess.i hurt hispride. Idk. My boss called and said nothings been filed and hes gunna call back.monday.
    @mrz_Jackson

Idk how to tell my husband!! Advice
  • I would just be very honest about it with him, tell him what went down. The sooner the better, it could get nasty if he hears it from other people first.
  • I'm not sure lol sorry!
  • I'd just be honest with hubby. The linger you wait, the harder it'll be to tell him. I'm sorry you're going through this though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Parole... Is when you've done a major crime and had to do some time in state or federal prison or state jail.

Probation is kind of like saying... We'll be watching you and if you do it again in "this amount of time" you'll be in BIG trouble.

Similar to getting in trouble at work and they put you on a 30/60/90 day probation. If you mess up again during this time theyll fire you.. if you don't you're all good.

With parole you have to go and check in with a parole officer and they micro manage everything you do. Depending on the crime you may have to stay in compliant. Like drug and alcohol tests. Court ordered Anger management and also registering where you live.

If you violate any compliant order you go directly back to jail for violation of parole.

Now you can violate probation as well but you have to really really f-up to do jail time. Usually you clean streets, feed the homeless or do city construction.

I would fight it and dramatize it like you were the victim...

I doubt if you even get anger management classes.

This will probably blow over....
  • This is my advice fight it tell them he was saying stuff to you and started coming at you so you were protecting urself then it could be dropped.
  • He probably won't file charges because he probably realizes he was being a drunk d*mb *ss. I'm assuming that's why u punched him. Why would he want everyone to know he got hit by a girl. Hopefully it all just blows over. Next time let someone else do the punching. ;)
  • What did he say that u had to punch him?
  • There are different types of probation,
    Summary: means you can travel, no checking in and no nothing. You just can't get into any trouble.

Formal: No traveling without permission, drug test, possible fines, classes, community services. Checking in every month. Very supervised.
    Did the cops come? Are you moving to Japan or just visiting?
  • Hey just checking up on you. Hope everything is ok. Please update if u get a chance. And I'm sorry your going through this.
  • I hope shes alright.....
  • Hey guys
    Sorry i havent been on with this trip to Japan and all irs been hectic.
    @excitedforoctober he said some pretty hurtful things and wouldnt shut his damn mouth so i helped him.out n did it for him. And no he never pressed charges.
  • I work in a night club so its not like me hitting him was out of the normal. I wasnt in a office setting or anything plus he was completely wasted