showering after c section

When can you wash where your incision is ?? I've been showering but I never go near my incision spot because idk if I can wash there or not so when can you?

Comments

• I very gently washed mine until the tape fell off
  • edited December 2012
    They took my bandages and everything off at the hospital and my scar incision can barely be seen and my belly covers it lol so is it okay to wash the site ? And do I use soap there? @sands3
  • Wash it gently with water and pat dry the most important thing is you keep it dry and clean. Xxx
  • Okay thank you !!!
  • That's ok i had one 18 months ago i was scared to touch the area lol.
  • I washed mine with soap after my bandages came off. I was just very gentle. My belly covers it too...I hate it!
  • I didn't use any soap in the area I am scared too lol I will be in gym as soon as possible lol
  • I washed mind with senstive soap very little and pat on it then I would pat dry but in the beggining they told me to just let the water and soap run over it and that would be fine
  • The way the doctor told me to do it is put soap on your belly n let the water push it down to your cut...I never touched mine. N I have had two. N I had never had a problem infecting
  • But make make sure you dry good cause then it can get funky n you can get a fungus.
  • I've never had a c section but i had a surgery about the same length of the incision of a c section on my tummy and i cleaned it with a special disinfectant soap the hospital gave me when i went for pre-op. I used that until i finished the soap then after i would rub the bar soap on my hand the gently pass my hand over my incision and then let the water run on it. Hope one of these tips helps :)
  • Y'all have been a big help and my soap is scented so ill just use water for now I don't wanna infect it