Super Worried!

Some of you may know this but, Marquis my bf has been without a job for almost 1 1/2. His a paramedic loves what he does. Not having the job has been hard on us financially. However he has been looking and applying everywhere like crazy. A month ago he had an interview got the job. Soo since then his been doing all the training within the company. Although this job required us to be thinking about moving since it is in San.Francisco and we are in Southern Part of California. But it was what we need to do. Well this week his up there for training and they were going to call him so he could place a bid for his shift. Well they never called. Soo since his up there be asked about it and they said that they realized they do not have place for full time employee however he is still considered to be part time. Part time is not going to bring enough income for us to live up there as it is more expensive, and plus part time do not have set schedule therefore he can't even try to commute for now until he finds something else. So his going to try give them a call tom see what happened bc he was applying and hired as full time. Hopefully they can find a place for him or even transfer to different location. Wee are not being picky at this point just need an income in order to have place to live and food. For those who pray please keep us in your prayers. And if you don't please keep us in your thoughts. Or if u have any advice please share any information that can be useful to us. Thank you very much!

Comments

• I'll pray for you!
  • Praying they can fit him in...I wonder how they messed up like that? That's wrong...I hope he calls and they tell him they were mistaken.
  • Your in my thoughts hope things work themselfs out
  • Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully they can figure something out, since san Francisco is a lot more expensive than surrounding areas and they initially told him its full time. I hope it all works out. Sending good vibes!
  • @wilsomom thank you
    @sehra4177 I have no idea but they did it to him and another guy.
    @stella thank you his already applying at other places just to be safe.
    @jessibear thank you I don't think u can mess up something like that I mean his spend over month working on stuff that they require a new hire to have. Plus for them to give him specific time for his shift bid. I think they most likely had everyone else bid then realized there is no room.
  • @jules yeah thats what I would assume also. Its just crappy that he has put out all that effort and was told one thing then be be told something different. What part of southern cali are u guys in?
  • @jessibear were in temecula it's in riverside County. But ya I mean he already signed the contract and gotten his first pay check.
  • Thats crazy. Im sorry the doing that. I will pray for you that it works out.
  • @angel26 thank you! Ya I'm still hoping for miracle today when he calls them.
  • I hope so. Maybe he should tell them why he needs the fulltime so much and why hes the better person for this.
  • Well I'm sure they don't care. Companies that size just care about money. Plus he already talked to the union they said there's not much he can do.
    @angel26
  • Oh, that sucks. Im sorry. I hope things work out some how. Its been a rough road.
  • edited December 2012
    @angel26 so he did call them today. The lady said she needs to call hey menage I guess there are 3 people this happened to so she's supposed to call him back Tom and let him know of they can make room for him as full time.
  • Good luck. I hope you get good news. You deserve it.
  • Fingers crossed. ;)
  • @proudmother1009
    @angel26
    @jesssibear
    Thank you! My fingers are crossed too. You guys are soo sweet. I think he deserves it his been trying whatever it takes and just keeps having the worst luck with things like this happening.
  • Keep us updated hope they find room for him i'll cross my fingers and toes for you guys.
  • @stella well the HR lady did call him back today and said unfortunately since this happened to 5 of the new guys there's not much they can do. His still employees as part time but no full time openings are available at this time. Therefore her advice was find another job. That's what he told me. It's just so sad I'm worried but more so feel bad for him. Working his butt off to do whatever it takes to find job and once he gets it things like this happen. And obviously he has to keep looking for another job he has family to take care of. Weird comment I think that she made ya know.
  • Sorry to hear that i was hoping that it would be better news. Hopefully he'll find another job soon.
  • Thats not good. Im sorry that has happened. I hope he can find something that works out better.
  • @stella I know that's what I was hoping for. But his looking so hopefully someone picks him up soon.

@angel26 I'm sorry too it sucks but I feel bad for him.
  • edited December 2012
    Sorry that sucks. ;( not sure if this much help. But I have seen quite a bit of paramedic positions here in the sacramento area. But thats about 1 1/2 from san Fran. Hope he finds something soon! Good luck..
  • To you all have a county ambulance? Maybe he could apply there? Here in NY each town has one (volunteer) and then a county one thats why I asked
  • @jessibear oh he applied there. The other day actually as soon as he found out the news. Thank you!

@pregoagainyay yes they are all County based he used to work for south riverside County. They don't do much volunteer down here for liability reasons.
  • @jules Oh ok....Even here our EMT's really cant do anything with your husband being a paramedic you know only a paramedic can administer medication etc.....I will keep my fingers crossed for him I hope he finds something soon
  • @jules oh good! Hope he finds something soon. ;)
  • @pregoagainyay ya here emt just drives and his in charge of the patient since his paramedic.
    @jessibear me too! We need all the best wishes and prayers. I'm getting worried BC now his freaking out which he doesn't do. I've actually never seen him do.