bleeding during sex

edited December 2012 in Pregnant
My sister is 12 weeks pregnant and started bleeding dark red blood during/after sex. She wants to know if she needs to go to ER or if it can wait til morning.

Comments

• Agree...shes probably not going to be able to sleep anyways... better safe then sorry!! Hope all is okay!
  • She should go to er. Dark red is not good.
  • I had that after sex and went in they end up telling me it was BC of sex and it's normal. But if she's worried it may be something else then she should have it checked out.
  • Ya when i was pregnant and had sex i bled after everytime
  • She should go she might had broken or popped something.
  • Praying!!! Any update?
  • She went in last night, but I haven't heard anything yet this morning. (We don't live in the same town.) Hoping no news is good news.. thanks everyone.
  • edited December 2012
    That happened to me I had placenta previa. She needs to stop having sex she will lose the baby
  • She said it was irritated cervix, again. Thanks everyone.

@lafiitz89 Idk if they've checked for that, but I'm going to ask her. This isn't the first time she's bled after having sex. And I don't think the doctors she's seeing know a darn thing because they told her that if it was dark colored blood it meant that it came from deeper inside (as opposed to it just being "older" blood, which is what I've ALWAYS heard.. and one would infer from that statement that bright blood would be from not so deep, when in actuality that would be the kind of bleeding that you should really worry about.)
  • Every time I had sex the next morning I would gush blood. My placenta was breaking away then it became over my cervix.
  • That is so weird that they have not put her on pelvic rest. I had light spotting, not related to sex, but as soon as i made my doctor aware she said absolutely no sex until spotting had completely stopped. She also said that if i noticed the blood getting darker to lay in bed with my feet raised. I followed her instructions and the spotting went away quick.

She needs to ask for an ultrasound. Dark bleeding like that can be much more than just the sex.