End of the world?

edited December 2012 in Pregnant
Ok so let me start by saying I don't really believe the world is going to end in 27 hours...however am I the only one who is still anxious about it? My rational side is telling me what an idiot I am...but I can't help but give my husband and son extra loves and worry about what if? And aside from that.. what if terrorists use that day to come after us? They know we are antsy about it, so what better day to strike. And....on top of it all...even if/when we make it thru these days, what is becoming of us? We can't go to the movies or go shopping or even send our children to school without the fear of being slain? What did I bring my son into? What will he face in his lifetime? I loathe the thought of him feeling this terror that we face.
Ugh. I promise I'm not crazy lol...just worry a lot. Plz tell me I'm not the only one who will be holding there breath until probly Christmas eve?

Comments

• i dont believe it but i have anxiety issues so i cant help but ask the same questions you are.
    i too fear for my daughters future,the world is only getting worse and worse,i wish she could stay this innocent care free little baby forever
  • edited December 2012
    I don't think the world is going to end Friday, but I was talking to my SO and my only worry Friday is that somebody might try to do something stupid.
  • I agree with @veevee i really do think and believe that only God beholds our future. But ppl are going to be acting stupid. It happen in 2000 why won't it happen 2012? Like I know I was like 5 but still I remember my mom and dad getting on to for getting to close to the window. I think that the night some man tried to get in to our house...
    Idk thats my only worry.
  • I don't think about it , I doubt that it will happen but people are so stupid now a days that a lot of people are bound to do something stupid . I mean if the world is going to end.. It will happen and no one can stop it , so why worry about it
  • I don't think the world is going to end, but I do believe people are going to be acting like idiots. I wouldn't be surprised if some nut job tried something stupid.

Because I am paranoid (mostly from natural disasters) we have a few weeks of emergency supplies stocked up with a list of phone numbers, my family's s.s. numbers, insurance info and other things that are important to have during an emergency (first aid kit, spare jumper cables, ways to cook food, cold weather blankets/clothing ect.) It helps with all the anxieties dealing with threats of bad weather.... Or in this case the end of the world as we know it.

So I feel fine.
  • I feel the same way. It's been so hard for me too because my hubby has been sick with the flu this past week.. So my butt has been sleeping on the couch, 8 months pregnant, in the hoes of not getting it.. But I'm missing all the bonding between us. No cuddling, sex, or just being able to really shoot the breeze. I miss him, and terrified if tomorrow is our last day together.. Even though I do doubt it's the end of the world, I'm just scared someone or something big us going to do something stupid. Also worried about not having service or being able to get into the net. I don't wanna be stabbed and not have contact with anyone. I will load all the kids up and drive to his work..ugh!
  • I'll be traveling which makes me a little nervous
  • I'll be in bed sleeping soooo....
  • It is not just you. I was thinking the same thing. I have to work a half day tomorrow and thou I really doubt anything is gonna happen. I worry that I won't be with Xavier and my hubby. It comforts me that I'm not the only one that worries.
  • Well if we want to look at it this way it is already the 21st in Australia...and we are still here! Glad to know I'm not alone. My biggest worry is people doing crazy stuff. I too will be at work, an hour away from my hubby and son. Luckily hubby is off do him and Jo Jo will be safe at home.
  • Funny story:

I called my mom to ask her something and just to chat. The conversation as Follows:

Mom: So, what have you been doing all day?
    Me: Nothing much, finished up X-mas shopping, did some dishes, cleaned the bathroom and started dusting.
    Mom: (spoken very non-chelante) Well that's good, you wouldn't want your house dusty when the world ends, the future areologists don't want to deal with your dust.
  • I worry too. Not about the world ending but that people will use the date as an excuse to do something crazy.