hows it being short and pregnant?

edited March 2011 in First Trimester
So I'm 4'11" 20 years old 100lbs and 7 weeks pregnant! I'm super excited to have my first baby but I'm scared that my body is to small to to deal with being pregnant. I know a lot of people skinner then me and an inch shorter and were okay with the pregnancy and delivery. I just wanted to know how others are doing and handling it! I want my baby to have enough room!!!

Comments

• Lol u will b jus fine sweetie. I had a friend tht was kind of shorter than u r, not so much tho. N she was the cutest little preggo n had a healthy chunky little baby safely. U are not alone lol
  • With my first I was 5" and never reach over 100lbs. It wasn't bad actually. I didn't have much pain. But I felt huge! I gained 36lbs overall and I had a healthy baby boy.
  • I am 5'2 and 120lbs well I was at least. I am 34 weeks preggo and the baby is facing down he puts so much pressure on my pelvis is hurts so bad and he's cramped enough to always make me out of breathe and lightheaded.
  • I figured everything would be fine and work out but it feels so much better hearing it from others and there stories! Thank you guys :)
  • Oh man I hope it gets better for you preggogiggles. I know someone who had a rib broken from the baby kicking it so much :/
  • Oh my that would be horrible. My baby kicks me but I would think bones would have to be pretty soft to be broken by my baby kicks. Maybe she had a strong baby! Haha I don't think small spaces would cause the baby harm, just be prepared that it might hurt and I seem to be a little less mobile/flexible.
  • Well I'm 5'3 113 pounds nd pregnant wid twins at dha age of 16 so yhu are not along
  • I asked a similar question on here before lol. I'm 5'2" & 95 lbs and I can't imagine my body dramatically changin or how a baby can possibly fit ok in my tiny body lol
  • I'm 20 and 4'11 too! I used to weigh 100 pounds but now I'm 19 weeks and 106. My mom was 4'10 27 and 90 pounds and only gained 20 during her 9 months. she carried me to her 38 week and had a c-section after 8 hours of labor with no pain killers.she could have carried all the way but she couldn't wait haha she did with my brother who was a 8 pounder.I think youll be fine my tummys getting round and it feels it has plenty more room to grow too! Good luck
  • Im 4'10 and now at 30wks he feels like he lives in my ribs but other than that everything is fine. At times I can tell being short does make it a lil harder after talking to other ladies but u will be fine! Congrats!
  • I totally know how ya feel. Im a bit taller (5'2") but only 94 lbs. I gave birth to my first last july and am now prego with my second. You'd be surprised what your body can do when ur pregnant. When your small you carry high and low cuz the baby pretty much takes all the space it can. It wasn't too bad till the last month when my ribs were killing me. The only other thing that was hard for me was delivering. She was 7lbs 5 oz which dr said was big for me. I ended up with good size episiotomy and needed vacuum assistance. Hoping this time around is easier.
  • I am 4ft 11in (give or take) but I bounce between 105-120 depending on the season, my cycle, etc. This is my 5th baby. My doctor always told me it didn't matter on your height/weight, but rather your pelvis. He had a girl who was 4ft 9in deliver, vaginally, a 10lb baby, while one who was 5ft 10in had to have a c-section for a 7lb baby. I had my first 3 vaginally, no pain meds, my 3rd was a homebirth. My 4th I got swine flu so I had to get an emergency c-section, but it had nothing to do with my size. I hope this helps!

Although the only downfall is you show quicker, baby has way less room& even when they 'drop' you still are uncomfortable since they have really nowhere to drop to. Lol.
  • Preggogiggles- I know I can't imagine having that happen to me. I hope that she find enough room where ever she can without breaking anything! Haha I can't wait to have a baby bump so bad but everyone says to enjoy being small still cause ill be huge like a balloon! And get tired really easily.

Lilmama02- everyone kept teasing me I was gonna have twins! Thankfully its only one though! :)

Oc86-how far along are you? That's what I'm sayin haha I'm sure it will all work just a scary thing to think about!

Excitedmomma- yay someone the same as me! Haha I can't imagine having a c-section with no pain med. It makes me hurt even thinking about it!!! I'm gonna be 8 weeks this Saturday and I weigh 106 now as well! At first I felt like I was never getting enough to eat now everything sounds soo yucky to me. I wish you the best of luck during the rest of your pregnancy!! :)

Babymaxisontheway- that's probably gonna be how I am too! Being short makes everything harder for me, it really frustrating for me but learning to except it. Thanks! Good luck and congrats to you too!!

Faithmom77- im hoping that I won't have to do a c section. I want to know already if I'm gonna be able to or not! How long were you in labor for? Good luck I hope this time is easier for you too!!!!
  • Mrsdelrae- oh my gosh!! 4'9" with a 10 pound baby Icant even imagine that!! I was sick last weekend and had a ultrasound and I tried to see if my bone structure was big enough to have a vaginal delivery but he said it was too soon to tell how my body is going to develop. That must be scary to have a emergency c section! Im glad everything worked out okay!
  • I know, I was so shocked when I heard she had a baby that big. I had a very hard time getting my first 2 out. They were 7lbs 4oz, 7lbs 5oz my doctor said I was pushing it very close to them getting stuck. Luckily my 3rd was 5lbs 15oz, my 4th (c-section) was 4lbs 1oz. They said this one will likely be small too. I sure hope so! Good luck!!!
  • I'm 4"9 and this is my 3rd I've had both vag and I plan on having this one vag too. My biggest baby so far was 8lb, the only thing that bothers me is I'm 32weeks and having a hard time walking they say its bc this is my 3rd my bones can't handle the wait
  • im 4"11 and 22 years old. with my first baby my weight was 105lbs. throughout my whole preg it was great! no morning sickness and ate whatever I wanted. I did have horrible back pains ( I was born with a bad back so it just made it worse) and I did end up with a c section cuz my baby was too big for me to push. now with my second baby im doing the c section again. but my first is a healthy strong boy and I kno that this little bundle of joy will b as healthy as well. greatest luck sweetie! ;)
  • I'll be 10 weeks Saturday. :-) due Oct. 8th