How Do You Feel About This.

edited December 2012 in Pregnant
So i sort of feel like im the only one really excited about this baby. (Now i know this isnt true, but sometimes i cant help but feel.this way) This pregnancy is flying by, and is about half way over :(.. This will be my last and i just want ti enjoy it!!

Now i wouldnt ever have a baby shower for baby number three in three years..but a good friend of mine wants to throw a diaper party..ex get everyone together to celebrate the new baby...no registered gifts, but if someone wants to bring something, diapers would be apperciated... i really wany everyone to be excited and get together and celebrate our last precious baby...but i guess my question is; is this a tacky way to do it?? Obviously I chose to have another baby, i can afford to diaper him/her..but who couldnt use diapers with a new baby??

Im just not sure how i feel!?! Lol help!
Would you ever go to one, have you ever been to one?

Ps..i am aware that usually this is a type of party gyys throw to celebrate a new baby lol

Comments

• I think that's a great idea. You could even have everyone together after baby is born. A Welcome Baby party.
  • If your friend wants to do it, then I would do it. Celebrate having a baby, and make it clear you're not looking for gifts or even diapers, but you'd like people to celebrate. Every baby deserves people to be excited for them!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • See thats how i feel too...like who doesnt want ti celebrate a new baby?!? But i just dont want to seem tacky lol

@Sands3 having it after isnt a bad idea either..maybe ill thriw that out there too.
  • I think the "rule" of no babyshowers after the first baby is just plain dumb. We throw babyshowers for ALL babies, I had my son last year and I know they'll throw anther for me. Its not tacky at all.
  • I think that's great idea! I mean all the people I know have showers no matter what baby number it's for.... I know my family and friends would have another one if we have more kinds. Soo I think u should go for it!
  • Thanks everyone...just wanted to feel it out.. my mom told me last night she thinks its tacky :( she says no one will admit that to my face, but thats what they will all th
  • I think way back when, you only got one baby shower! My mom had told me the same thing. But now days I don't think people really care! People love to go to baby showers! I'm on number 5 not planned, my son just turned one and I'm due in a couple of months. My sis is throwing me a diaper party.. I wouldn't worry, and if they think it's tacky they don't have to come! :)
  • If we find out that its another girl then were just gonna have a diapers & brews party for all our friends to bring diapers and hang out maybe BBQ...but if its a boy then I'd prolly want another baby shower because I have nothing for a boy, everything is pink & purple!
  • edited December 2012
    It could just be the lack of sleep talking by why not throw a "tacky shower" to celebrate this new baby than? Basically you can play the same games but tack them up... Make fun of motherhood (because it can be crazy funny in hindsight)

Everyone will be invited to bring an embarrassing photo of themselves as a child. The winner/biggest loser gets some sort of prize. Admit it we all have one. Mine is a beautiful photo of me under an old oak tree holding a hose, making the perfect rainbow, my back to the camera perfectly showing my childhood innocence and love of exploration... With a giant wedgey causing my entire left butt cheek to be exposed.

Pin the diaper (tail) on The baby (donkey)
    NOPE!
    Put the ugly onesie from great aunt Berttrude on the baby!

You could even print out current pictures of you, daddy, and the grand parents/other close relatives and people can glue them together. Who couldn't giggle at a grandpa's nose on an adorable baby face... It would be hysterically tragic, In a fake picture anyway. Diapers are accepted, gifts are accepted but fun and celebration is mandated! You could be a trend setter.

If this is a bad idea I apologise, I haven't gotten much sleep lately and it seems like a good on at the moment.

And no I won't post the picture, this is the internet after all.
  • I don't know...
  • That sounds kinda fun. Lol.
  • Of course have the party