Frugal Moms

We are extreme budgeting for the next few months. And when i say extreme i mean i got lectured for buying myself a $1 candy bar at the store yesterday. So i ask you ladies....What kind of stuff do u do that considers urself as a frugal mom? And how do u stay organized? What are some good helpful tips??? I used to coupon and I think I need to pick that up again but I could never find time to clip so what is your game plan for couponing??? I also think its more of a hassle to shop at multiple stores for all the deals... is it really worth all the planning and multiple stops or do u just stick to 1 store and try to catch all ur savings there??? Who plans a meal calendar.... what is ur stragedy there? And what kind of meals to u plan for cheap and easy? Or just plan meals occording to taste??? Who grows there own food???

Comments

• Walmart will price match! Idk where you are from but here we have Jewel so say Jewel has bread 2/$4 you can get the same brand at walmart and get it 2/$4 you just bring the add with you. So If you have coupons for it you still get the same deal as you would if you went to the store with that deal except you only go to walmart. The only thing they don't do is buy one get one free price match. If can be any store add also like even Walgreens.
  • Sandra Lee on the food network does Money saving meals and every time she cooks she saves a little from the 1st recipe and does what she calls a "round 2 recipe" and makes a whole new dinner out of it. I did this when I lived on my own because cooking for just me I always had left overs.
  • I use mejier.. love that i can clip the coupons right to my phone. When you get to the register, you simply input your phone number and everything youve clipped comes off the bill. Now i do use paper coupons and price shop too..but if your looking for a quick easy way..mejiers is the way to go
  • @Mallory27 walmart is not an option for me yes I know they price match but my local grocery store has low prices and better store brand food than walmart plus they have store coupons all around on different items every week throughout the store and if I'm going to price match plus go to that grocery store to grab the coupon might as well use it there instead of walmart. But I do know some ppl who shop at cvs and walgreens for reward points and I was wondering if that was worth it since I'm so loyal to my local grocery store. And I will look into Sandra Lee
    @coltensmamma what is mejeir is it an app or a store. I'm not sure if my grocery store would be able to load the coupons to the register how does it work?
  • I extreme coupon...I have a massive stockpile! LOL I works full time and have two little ones and it is so easy! I stick to one store
  • @KylieMommie I want to know too I would luv to have a stock pile
  • @kyliemommie does ur stores double coupon? Cuz none of my stores in our whole state double coupons anymore since the whole extreme coupon show. And I cant figure out how ppl do it without the double coupons
  • I shop at Albertsons in Washington and every once in awhile they put out 3 double coupons on their add in the Sunday paper. One double coupon can match to one coupon up to $1.00. So if you have a .50 Q it becomes $1.00 and if you have a $1.00 Q it becomes $2.00. You can only use three doublers in a transaction.
  • You're lucky albertson's and kroger stopped double couponing in texas plus the nearest one tome is 170 miles.
  • Meijer is a grocery store. They have the mperks which is what was mentioned above about putting in your number. I use it and that's how we save. I also clip paper coupons, as long as they are good. I work at a gas station so I go through the ads and coupons before spending $2 on a paper. I mostly use the paper ones on diapers, toliet paper, paper towels. Sometimes the mperks will have that stuff on there too, so I'll her double savings. Our Meijer will only double coupons to I think .50
  • Oh closest grocery store with a perks card is 170 miles away :( and they don't double coupons anymore they use to though :( I blame that stupid extreme coupon show
  • Well that's dumb! Idk how people do that its absolutely crazy. I don't know where they find the time for it either, I barely can get on once a week and check what's on the mperks lol.
  • Wow none of them double coupons. I it seems like it would only hurt the stores bc not a lot of people extreme coupon. Lord I don't have the patience and I find that walmarts brand is usually cheaper than name brands with a coupon. A lot of the products are filled by the name brand any way.