Hot Momma Pregly Weigt Loss Movement

2»

Comments

• Noooo. :p You can't bank daily caloric need. Try to meet the minimum, even if it's with a glass of milk. These calories are essential for bodily function.

Have you checked out your pie chart on your daily nutrient consumption? I'm curious what percentage your protein falls. From a daily glance I want to say you are below your retirement.

@JoshnEviesmum
  • edited September 2012
    You eat all you want then you throw it up and or don't eat at all...
    @starrxoxo9
  • edited September 2012
    @cant_wait93 I don't think you understand what I'm asking her. I know what anorexia and bulimia are.
  • edited September 2012
    Theres been a few days where my prorein has fallen below 15% but mostly im going under on fat but not hugely. today my protein is up there, as i had an omelette for dinner. @mijita
  • @starrxoxo9; This is a very complex question... Our bodies are very complex and efficient machines that are programmed to meet the challenge of survival of the fittest. We store excess energy in the form of fat, our muscles and organs also store energy when we come across a time of famine it searches these reserves for fuel. In cases of Anorexia Nervosa, what you fail to see is the serious damage happening within the person. They tend to eat very little calories that the body is starved and cannot afford to store for future emergencies. So what little food they do consume goes to support organ health and brain health. Muscle is broken down for protein requirement to repair and maintain organ health. This is why individuals with anorexia are literally skin and bones. They are literally killing themselves. It's horrible.

Then you have starvation mode in overweight individuals, which is entirely different. They tend to eat just enough calories that the body thinks it's in a time of famine and will store calories consumed, as fat. They will continue this viscous cycle of yo-yo dieting that they actually confuse the body and in turn gain weight. These individuals feed the body in a different way than anorexic individuals.
  • @mijita ahh ok that makes sense!! Thank you!!
  • @CANT_WAIT93; it's possible you were going through carbohydrate withdrawal. The body gets used to our diets that when we change them and deprive them we have to readjust. It's important to stay hydrated and eat wholesome complex carbohydrates.

One misconception that many overweight individuals have is that they have to cut back drastically on calories when they decide to diet -- WRONG. Because they are overweight the body needs more calories to function. Take this scenario as an example; two individuals are given the task to carry 25 pounds up 20, flights of stairs. The first weighs 150 lbs and the second weighs 250 lbs. It will take a lot more energy and effort for the 2nd individual because they are carrying an extra 100 lbs. Restrictive calorie consumption will leave them feeling tired, hungry and deprived. This is why must fail, they take the wrong approach.

Breastfeeding moms require 300 -500 extra calories, depending on frequency of nursing sessions.

You also could have been dehydrated or overdid it. How did the following days go?
  • @JoshnEviesmum; Good! You're doing great, keep it up!
  • @starrxoxo9; you're welcome!
  • Add me angelinaRm ;)
  • I just joined and my screen name is stepheek74
  • I'm owensmommy1213 I'mnot sure how to add people. ;)
  • Its the calorie counter my fitness pal right? If so my name is

lovemygirl_1127
  • Ok I am already in love with this app. I am in my brothers wedding Aug 2013 and the other brides mades are like size 0 and the bride is like a size 8-12
    I am ready to look good in this dress! BRING IT ON!!
  • In my case chemo was my diet lol. My weight is now down to 76kg from 127kg in 3 1/2 months roughly. So a weight loss of 51kg lol or 115lbs roughly lol.

And yes @Mijita I am back to eating nearly properly and still on a crap load of supplements.
  • @dadof2n1togo; LOL! I'm very glad to hear it. I'm also very glad to hear how will you recovered and how strong you are. Keep it up!
  • @Mijita anger can be a very powerful motivator lol. I have gone back to kick boxing training 3 times a week as well to help the temper and really tone the upper body with good results so far. I am looking at running in a 25km run in a weeks time which is a benefit for cancer sufferers of all things lol.

I decided when I got sick that I will live everyday as it's my last and avoid the disappointment from I should have done this or that. If all goes well I will also have my criminology degree by the end of October. My new aim is to be fit enough to try compete in the police and fire games we have in Australia every year next time round lol.

Just have to get rid of the scars on my chest and then I would be happy enough to show a front photo instead of side on lol.
  • edited September 2012
    Can someone add me please? LRWoods420. This baby is coming Sunday so I'll be ready to.junp on the weight loss train!
  • @molly; your answer is on this thread. Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • Thanks for all the tagging and info @Mijita!
  • Add me firsttimemom1 (username)