Moms advice on diapers please

My baby is 14 mths old. Since day 1 we have used huggies brand. Never once a problem. About a month now. Overnight and sometimes during the day she pees so much she leaks and I wake up in pee. I hv to wake up atleast twice a night to change her. When I do that no problems. At night she will wants her sippy cup. Im big on no juice, or milk. So she drinks water at night. Anyways. I hv tried huggies overnight. Doesn't work on her. So I hv been thinking of changing brands. I hear luvs are really good on leak protections and I hear pampers. So any advice or your experience will help me decide. Im a first time and always assumed huggies were the best out there which again never had issues. Just looking for more leak protections. Sorry so long

Comments

• And she is 17 lbs in size 4. So I don't think going up a size will help. She is very petite :)
  • I use huggies and they are the only brand that doesn't leak on my daughters. Luvs leaked with my girls
  • My daughter is 20 lbs and still I'm size 3 lol
  • See I love huggies and loyal. Im nervous to waste money on different diapers. I just read online to put a diaper on then second backwards at night. Says the second shouldn't be soiled to re use in the morning. Idk :/ lol. We just up her size to 4. Since I read try going up a size when they leak. Grrrr hope I find a solution.
  • edited January 2013
    My baby is 14 months an I use pampers swaddlers its the only thing that doesn't leak for her pampers cruisers an baby dry ,huggies, an luvs all leaked wen i tried them. She's over 21 lbs an the size 3s are great on her
  • Pampers cruisers and I would say go to size three. My son is 31.5 inches and 26 lbs he wears a four. Also he drinks at least 35-40 ounces of water a day and 6-10 ounces of juice. That boy can pee!!!!!
  • Huggies are no where near as good as pamers I learned that about two weeks after my sonwas born. He peed thru everything.lol . right after my surgery you couldn't even find a clean towel in the house bc we started laying him on those to soak the pee up b4 out mattress did.
  • My son is 15mths and we use pampers cruisers. We've never had any problems with them.
  • Huggies and pampers both leaked for me. Now i use Target brand and LOVEEEE them!
  • I use luvs. Jack is 14 months and we've never had a leak problem.
  • I think u should try the two and one backwards since u are tyring to save on money and don't want bunch diapers you may not use around. Good luck. I've done pampers and target brand when she was younger and huggies were best for my lo too.
  • My son has the same problem. Luvs leaked the worse for us. Huggies leaked also. I prefer pampers I have heard really good things about the target brand also. Hope something works for you. Its no fun waking up in pee lol :)
  • I love pampers baby dry. My daughter has gotten 14 hrs out of them.
  • We use pampers cruisers and never really had an issue. We tried target brand and they worked just as well.
  • I tried luvs and pampers they were okay I think at that age I was using pampers overnight but huggies during the day. Target brand gives my daughter bad yeast infections. I just use huggies now.
  • Try to buy a small pack of pampers. I think two diapers would be uncomfortable.
  • @everyone thank you for all the feedback. I hv a few to try until we can find one that works for her. :)
  • I use the target brand for my 15 month old she's 27 lbs size 5
  • I love pampers cruisers never had a problem with either of my boys
  • I love luvs!! They are about 5 dollars cheaper than huggies where I live at. We have been using luvs since he was about 4mths. I haven't had no problems.
  • Pampers swaddlers are the only diapers that haven't leaked on us and haven't given her a horrible rash...I've heard alot of people have to switch out of huggies around this age because they just aren't absorbent as they get bigger
  • I use Target brand and they are definitely my favorite and I've never had issues! And they are a lot cheaper! Oh and my daughter is 14 months 21lbs and only size 3 so maybe the size 4 might be too big.
  • @lilliansmom Target brand must be really good. I should definitely give that brand a try. I thought about going back to size 3 we buy in bulk and I assumed she would gain a few more pounds so thought size 4 would be smart. However she is so petite yet eats like crazy. Im small 4"11 so explains her little self. Think I may go buy a small package of target brand and size 3 and give it a try. Thanks@everyone for yalls feedback. I really appreciate it ;)
  • I've tried them all and my advice is about fit. Any diaper will leak with my son if we don't have the right fit. I have to pull the tapes a little tighter at night because they're laying flat and fasting all night so their bellies normally shrink and the diaper can gap. PJs also have to be snug fitting to keep the diaper from drooping and causing a gap around the legs. When we were having a leaky spell I used the cover from our cloth diaper on top. It worked great to keep the diaper in place and absorb any leaks. Luvs, Pampers, Huggies, Target, CVS and Family Dollar diapers haven't leaked on us in months, although the CVS brand does disintegrate by morning ...
  • We were having the same problem and even the night time diapers were horrible.... Switching to cloth diapers is the ONLY thing that stopped the leaks. If your interested I can give you more info.
  • Pampers cruisers are what we use and have never had a problem they feel stronger also.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @smcox yes please send me info. I hv been thinking cloth for awhile but don't hv a clue about them at all. Thank you :)
  • We use Honest. No issues. I also like Pampers Swaddlers.
  • we use luvs during the day and the parents choice overnights at night and it helps she drinks milk before bed maybe try less water at night bc what goes in must come out btw mt lo is 24 lbs and 1 yo