I'm just not really feeling it.

edited January 2013 in Pregnant
I guess I'm waiting for the first ultrasound to start feeling excited. Yes, I was exciting when I first found out, but that subsided after a few weeks. It probably has to do with the barely there symptoms, which I'm not complaining about at all. I think it also has something to do with just not knowing what's going on. This is my first pregnancy. I don't want to get my hopes up.

I'm not rushing or impatiently waiting for my ultrasound. I haven't even made my appointment yet. I'm waiting for my approval for Medicaid. I wish my caseworker would hurry up and let me know. They know if you approved or not. I hate having to wait another whole week just to get a yes or no. Hopefully I'll find out before I'm 8 weeks.

It could also be that I hate that I can't tell anyone until I'm 100% sure. I'm waiting until I'm at least 13 or 14 weeks or whenever the 2nd trimester starts.

Anyway am I the one not really feeling it and by that I mean not feeling too excited or too into their pregnancy.

Maybe once I get my ultrasound I'll start to feel different, but until then its just blah.

Comments

• We weren't excited at first, because we were afraid of another mc. Once we heard that heartbeat, we started getting excited. You can make an apt now, usually Medicaid will back date like 3 months..if that would make you feel any better. We didn't tell anyone till like 9 weeks, which was when we heard the hb and even then we didn't tell a whole lot of people mostly family, and then friends at like 12 weeks. My morning sickness didn't kick in till like 6-7 weeks. Glad you are doing well, I have been following your story for so long.
  • @trixiesmom8 That's probably what it is. I thought about making an appointment in advance but I'm also thinking I might not approve for Medicaid. I guess I have a lot on my mind.
  • I felt just like u when I took a test couldn't be happy until I got blood wrk then after that was to scared to injoy being prego cause people would say becare full intill u past ur 3. months so I was just worried till he was out I just wanted my baby here already lol
  • You just have a lot on your mind right now and it took time to get pregnant so until you see it's hard to put all your faith in it. Very understandable. But hopefully you get approved and get see doc soon
  • Im sorry your feeling that way. Im sure it will all change once you see your sweet baby on the screen
  • @veevee everything that you feel is normal. Like @jules said, it took you long to get pregnant and now that you are its hard to believe it (that is also why i said to not pay attention to your hubby because he was probably feeling just like you do now) and there is nothing wrong with that. When i got pregnant with the baby Im expecting now, i cried so bad. I was so scared. I lost one baby and it took me about a year or so to get pregnant, so i was really confused. Even after 2 bfp and a positive blood test, i still couldn't believe it. Oh but the day i saw that little flickering on the screen, I cried of joy. I wanted to jump up and down and kiss my stomach lol.

Just know that its ok to feel the way you do. As the pregnancy progresses, you'll start getting more attached and these feelings will leave. Deep down you already love this bundle of joy! Everything will be just fine :)
  • @trixiesmom8 @Roxy, @jules @sands3 @perly Thank you ladies. It is a lot on my mind. I hope in the following weeks things start to look up. I have been calking my caseworker like crazy to see if I approved or not. That's my biggest worry.

Good to know I am/wasn't alone in this feeling.
  • You're welcome :)
    Im SSSOOOOO excited for you!!!
  • I have been stalking my case worker the past few days too, they don't seem to like to answer their phones.
  • I didn't get excited until my first ultrasound with my daughter since we had a previous Mc. With my son I didn't get excited until I felt him kick
  • edited January 2013
    were i live n my Dr. office u get. medical for 30 days threw them till u get ur medical maybe you should ask
  • Your welcome very very happy for you!
  • Im not excited and im 19 weeks lol I think it mostly has to do with the fact I have a very active 16 mth old but I find out the sex next week so maybe I can get excited
  • Trust me it will hit you that you are growing a human being inside of you. As soon as you heart that hb you will know :-) ! YOU ARE PREGNANT! YOU WILL BE A MOMMY THIA YEAR ....its exciting :-)
  • I know I'm pregnant.That's not the problem. I'm just not as excited as I thought I would be. Maybe once I go in for my ultrasound. It'll change and once I get approved for Medicaid all this worrying will come to an end.
  • Most insurances will back date. I know here you are automatically approved if you are pregnant. Try not to worry about the insurance, everything will fall into place eventually. Keep your head up girl!!:-)