HELP!!!!!!!!

edited January 2013 in Pregnant
HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN MISDIAGNOSE WITH A BLIGHTED OVUM?????

Comments

• IS THAT A YES OR NO...PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORY...IM GOING CRAZY
  • She was moving ur thread back to the top.
  • No ma'am i have not, so here's another BUMP.
  • Nope. Go for a second opinion with someone who can do a transvaginal ultrasound to rule out ectopic pregnancy and make sure it truly is a blighted ovum. Good luck.
  • THATS WHAT I HAD.2WEEKS AGO I WENT TO THE ER AND THEY CONFIRM MY PREGNANCY, BY URINE, BLOOD, AND ULTRASOUND THERE WAS EVEN A HEARTBEAT. BUT YESTERDAY AT MY 8WEEKS APPOINTMENT HE ONLY FOUND A SAC, YOKE.SAC.NO.FETAL POLE OR HEARTBEAT. SO HE SAID ITS A BLIGHTED OVUM. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHERE DID MY BABY.GO???? IVE HAD NO CRAMPING OR BLEEDING/SPOTTING.IVE BEEN READING. STORIES ONLINE WHEN WOMEN HAD BEEN MISDIAGNOSE. SO IM PRAYING THAT, THAT'S MY CASE.MY DR PRESSURING ME TO GET A D&C BUT IM NOT.READY TO GIVE UP YET. IM PRAYING MIRACLE WOULD MAKE HIS/HERS APPEARANCE WHEN I GO FOR MY 2ND OPINION NEXT WEEK MONDAY.SO PLEAAAAAASE WHISPER A PRAY FOR ME.THANKS IN ADVANCE
  • That early there is a chance the baby just stopped growing. That happened to a friend of mine by they could only see a sac at three months. The best guess was the baby stopped growing between 6-8 weeks.
  • I had a blited ovum but it wasn't misdiagnosed.
  • That seems so strange to me I've never heard of this so I can understand your worried and stress but I hope everything is ok and the doc was wrong. Maybe @trixiesmom8 can share her experience and it will help you a little. Did you have anything going on that helped you figure it out like bleeding, cramping, any symptoms that she can watch for or is it only diagnosed through the ultra sound and stuff.
  • edited January 2013
    I was told I had a blighted ovum with my first. I went in at 7 wks to have my ultrasound all we saw was an empty sac..they said they found was a sac meausring 7 wks and some days and a feral pole measuring 5-6 wks. I read the report later and found that I indeed had a mc but there was a fetus measuring 6 wks. There are chances that drs have been wrong. I chose to wait it out because I still held on to the hope that he was wrong but two weeks later I started to pass the baby. With my second pregnany they told me the same thing when i went to the ER but turns out i was just early... if you feel strongly about it and there's no issues. Then wait it out. I wish you the best of luck but if there was a heartbeat before then its a fetal demise not a blighted ovum
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think you should wait it out also.
  • Like others have said, I went in for an u/s I think around 5/6w and there was no fetal pole, only a sac. So they rescheduled me for another u/s for a week later, but that night I started having cramps and blood along with it and when I called the on call doc he wanted me to come in for a d&c and I said I wanted to wait it out at home, cause like you I was holding onto hope. I passed everything over the weekend and went in Monday and had an u/s and confirmed I had passed everything on my own. I got pregnant right away with my now 14.5m old daughter.
  • @triciasworld i really do hope that you were misdiagnosed. A mc is a very painful experience.
    @homebirthadvocate correct me if im wrong, but i have read somewhere that if the baby stops growing early on, it can be absorbed in the sac (i think that's what i read). Is this true?
  • *****UPDATES******
    JANUARY 8 ....6WEEKS NICE HEARTBEAT SEEN THROUGH TRANSVAGINAL ULTRASOUND SOUND.
    1ST PRENATAL APPOINTMENT JANUARY 21.....DIAGNOSE BLIGHTED OVUM SAC,YOLK SAC NO FETAL POLE.
    2ND OPINION JANUARY 29 5ISH _WEEKS FETUS ...NO HEARTBEAT.WAS TOLD TO LOOK FORWARD TO MISCARRY AFTER TURNING DOWN D&C.NOTHING YET.STILL HOLDING ON TO FAITH AND HOPE.WAS TOLD IF NOTHING HAPPENS MAKE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT THIS COMING WEEK.PLEAAASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS
  • Praying girl u
  • praying for you! I hope you have miracle its good to hold on that faith!
  • THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS....I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT
  • prayers ur way