breast milk tasting funny in a sippy

So my lo who is 14.5 months old will not drink her milk out of a sippy. She will try it abs make a face like its gross. I've tried it and it seems to me like it tastes like plastic after sitting in the sippy in the fridge. Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• My daughter didn't want to drink out of the sippy either so it's ok she's not big into drinking it anymore I general so after trying for a week without giving in just handing her sippy I just give her bottle before bed she's been doing good with that
  • My dd (also 14.5 months) won't take breastmilk out of the sippy. When not directly from the breast, I would pump it then try. I havent tried putting it in the fridge. Maybe she doesn't like it cold? I think they just prefer it straight from mama. She makes faces like its so disgusting, but I try it and it tastes like it always does. Goood luck! I hope you find a solution.
  • @jules I wouldn't be too worried about making sure she gets her milk, but she's not a big eater during the day, so we still nurse. Plus we have figured out she is allergic to milk, so no diary products.
    @alymaries she's made that disgusted look too. We have tried it warm too and it was a no go.
  • I see that's understandable Scarlett is great eater that's why my doc said not too worry about it. Maybe try mixing it to make it sweeter maybe since she's still nursing she is used to it being sweeter.
  • We just give her a cup ..because every time I give her a sippy, she just watches it spill. When she has a cup she just sits there and drinks it
  • @jules lol we tried that, she still didn't want it. So i think its just her preference on how she drinks it.
    @nameless we have tried just a cup and that was a no go too.
  • She's stubborn apparently.
  • Maybe try a straw?? My daughter thinks shes so cool wheb i let her drink from a straw lol
  • Sounds like it so was Scarlett that's why I was just done after week cause she wasn't really drinking anything.
  • Lol! I agree w/the straw idea..hopefully you guts figure it out:)
  • @coltensmamma @jules @nameless we tried the straw lol she still didn't want to drink it. That's why I was wondering if it was my milk and not her.
  • nah they just do this.. Just way too smart :)
  • How did you get your LO to drink out of a sippy? My daughter Saaba is almost 8 months and she won't take anything that's not the boobie Lol
  • @jules apparently!
    @kymali we didn't introduce a sippy till about 10/11 months when we were fazing out her bottles. We got the ones with handles, she seems to like and handles those better.
  • @trixiesmom8 Sana is turning 2 next month and she still has her bottles. I have no idea how to get her off of them at all! I've bought her literally every single sippy cup there is so she can try but she won't take any of them. Even if I give her a different looking bottle or buy some new nipples for her bottle she wont take it.I think shes gonna be stuck with her bottle forever :/
  • @kymali just make the bottles disappear she ill eventually take a sippy once she realizes its that or nothing.
  • @kymali have you tried just skipping the sippy and trying a regular cup? I have seen cups where they have to tip them like an actual cup, but its still some what spill proof. I think avent makes them.

I'll try and find a link to it.
  • http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006GYLL8Y

This is what I was talking about. My friend uses it with her 2yo and he loves it.