Just finished my tax return!

Yay! :D

Comments

• How exciting! I go tomorrow :)
  • I just finished too. :)
  • We done ours last week I can't wait lol !
  • I remember the year we got 18k back in taxes...ohhh those were the days!
  • @captivated 18 what! Must of been nice lmao!
  • We got a home tax credit for buying the house that year! @joshuaswifey_711.
  • We just got ours done yesterday. I'm very pleased with our return!
  • We're getting a good return too, but not like that - @captivated, that must have been AMAZING!

I'm just so glad I got it done, one less thing to stress about. Being self employed makes it a huge task.
  • I am so anxious to get ours done.
  • I'm sad we got a estimate Fr h&r block we were on exempt too long only getting. a lil only enough to pay hubby ticket : (
  • @Roxy I'm more in same boat as you I got use mine to pay hubbies taxes from last year back and I'm not getting much since I only worked part of the year sucks cause we could really use it this time around but it's ok we always make it work.
  • @jules that's what the plans were this year pay some of my taxes off but can't any pay any thing sucks but I guess it comes more in handy threw the year then at the end of the year oh well lol
  • @Roxy I see well is better your right but sure is nice getting bunch money at once :) maybe that will Happen to us next year
  • @jules hoping same here
  • Are you guys making sure you get the child tax credit and earned income credit if you qualify? @roxy @jules
  • I have tax lady that takes care of it I'm sure she will know. I don't know what earned income credit is though....
  • @Wilsomom I dnt know the differents but I'm thinking h&r block know what there doing
  • Oh, if you have tax people doing it then I'm sure they know. I've thought about doing taxes for people for extra money. @jules @roxy
  • @wilsomom that's great idea I love it I'm actually just getting into accounting decided to change my career lol so I'm excited,I love the lady that has been doing my taxes she always explains everything very well.
  • me to I wonder if its hard
  • I can't believe so many people are done already! I'm still waiting on my 1099 from my bank and they don't mail those out until the end of January. Then I can finally take everything to my CPA. That is the one darn thing I'm waiting on, lol.
  • I did mine a couple days ago! I cant wait Im using mine as a security deposit for a town house we are going to rent!
  • @jules I've always done our own taxes & bookkeeping & I love it. I took accounting in high school & some in college. I might seriously think about it.
  • You should some schools have certificates which would be perfect for you since I'm sure you don't have bunch spare time with the kids. Or if you want u can always get a degree in accounting but that will go into a lot more then taxes and bookkeeping and take a lot longer and be more expensive. Plus if you get a concentration on tax you can always due more schooling if you want.
  • edited February 2013
    @jules if I take one of those certificate schools through h&r block or someone do I have to work for them? I'd want to work from home for myself. Hmmm... I wonder if I can actually work from home for a company? :/
  • Well you can work from home if you just do others taxes other then that of you wanted to work for company or would most likely outside the home and in the office. It's easier to get the schooling at maybe a junior college near by it would be most cost effective. But there are few online programs as well but most of the time of you get it from place like h&r block u do end up working for them since you were following their standard you know. Where at an actual school the certs are very rounded based off qualifications most corporations require for employing and what the state requires in order for you to do it from home. Tax preparation is very simple process to go through and rather then going others tax your the one that gets all the paper work together such as W2 and other things but that's usually done for a company which you have lots experience with since you guys probably do that.
  • I know someone that already got theirs back already
  • Just did ours last night
  • After we pay back my FIL (he lent us the down payment for our house) and I pay back my bf (he lent me money to fix my car lol) I'll have just enough to pay the fine for the speeding ticket I got last month. No fun here!!! :( lol