So he just got arrested * UPDATE 4/30/13*

Comments

• I agree with Jules keeping you distance might be the best thing let what is going on set in. I can't imagine how hard this is but hang in there
  • I do have to take his school work in monday so maybe I can do a short visit then, or maybe just write him a letter. I don't think I really want to visit yet now that I think about it.
  • I don't think u should visit at all. Make him feel alone ...he could have spent all the time in the world with you at home if he was acting right. Plus it would show ur more serious about consequences
  • @lafiitz89 that's exactly what I think I should have just said that. Ur much better at getting right to the point!
  • I wouldnt even bring my child's schoolwork! Maybe I'm just too harsh. I'd let him have to make it up when he got out.
  • I guess I'm too optimistic, hoping he'll have a big change of heart right away. I'm sure it probably won't happen that fast....just wishful thinking.
  • Well I think once he had that change of heart that's when you should show him how Nice things can be! I just personally think if you give in he won't learn his lesson. And all this will be waste.
  • I'm so nervous again, prayers plz! Pretrial starts in half an hour.
  • Good luck! Lots prayers let me know how it goes.
  • Thinking of you,!
  • Good luck. Let us know how it goes!
  • edited February 2013
  • I guess it wasn't a pretrial, it was a detainment hearing. The actual pretrial is March 22nd. They decided to let him come home tmrw on gps house arrest until then. Also he has to do counseling with the caseworker & randam drug tests.

The hearing was in a small room this time & I literally cried the whole time. I just couldn't handle the shackles this time. They obviously don't let him shave & he has lots of thick dark hair so it's like he has a beard almost. He looked either mad or depressed or both.

At the end the bailiff asked him if he would like to talk me dhr a few minutes a he said no. :'( It's going to be so awkward picking him up in the morning but I have to because I'm the custodial parent.

Thanks for all the thoughts a support!

@jules @littlefae @natashalynn
  • Oops, sorry we posted at the same time!!! Good luck tmrw lots of prayers coming your way!!!
  • Its hard, i know but stay strong. He'll come around.
  • Yep same time lol thanks @perly too
  • If I could I would give you a big hug. I'll continue sending strength, positive and healing energy your way
  • @littlefae Thank you! I'll take that as a virtual hug! Lol >:D<
  • I'm so sorry their putting you through so much. I know it's very different but my brother was very suicidal when he was twenty one and my mom and i called police on him and had him committed. He was so mad and told us he'd never speak to us, he hated us, the whole nine. It's been a year and he hasn't said anything to us since he got out. He did tell a friend that he would have been dead if we didn't do it so we are glad we made the right decision. He never brings it up, it's like out never happened. The right thing is always the hardest thing to do.stay strong your doing the right thing!!
  • I'm very sorry it is going to be bet hard tom can't really sugar cot that one. But maybe after the Counseling the drug tests which is one less thing for you to worry about. I would just tell him that your happy to have him home however things are going to have to be different. He needs to respect you and the rules you have in your home will be followed. And after he starts just doing the everyday things and maybe get positive feed back he will realize that things can be nice and after that he will get a relationship with you again. All will take time but will be ok look at this as the new start! But one thing at a time for more and good luck tom.
  • No idea how he's gonna react, but here I go in to get him!
  • I hope it all goes well
  • Well he better be nice after all you are picking him up and allowing him back into your home. Good luck!
  • I'm amazed, he's being perfectly nice & happy. Wow, I'm so relieved.! I think he may have actually realized he didn't have it so bad.
  • Don't cave in just yet! Old habits do die hard. But, I'm glad that he's being good for ya!
  • I'm with @natashalynn although it's Vertu good his being nice but it's most likely BC he was alone for last few days. He still needs that guidance from you and be held responsible for his actions that way the old habits hopefully don't come back. But like I said I'm glad his being nice as he should be.
  • Yeah I agree, this will be a long process... I was really glad he didn't come home all angry or depressed though. @jules @natashalynn
  • @wilsomom I totally agree that's already a positive! Things are looking up. What about your other son do u think his learning a lesson trough all this?