Freaking kinda (tmi kinda)

Ok so Makenzie has had diarreha for about 4 days now. No fever and she has a upper respatory infection and is teething so I linked it to that. She is drinking and eating fine and has wet diapers an all and is acting fine so I didn't think anything of it.
What im freaking about though is that her poo has been grainy like when I wipe her bottom it has like small chunks like sand or coffee ground type feeling. They are the same color as the poo (which isn't always the same color but hasn't been real dark or anything). I looked online and it says could be possible bleeding!?
Anyone know about this or have had a child with this?

Comments

• I've never heard of that. I hope she's ok tough or gets better soon. Poor baby :(
  • That would worry me too. Maybe call the advice nurse to see what they think?
  • Coffee ground anything is usually blood digested in the stomach by the time it reaches the bowel it would be smelly and black/darker. I'm no Dr though, I would call to make sure.

I goggled baby poop and found one of this sites goggle it and it tells u the meaning of the poops lol
  • @babyinblack682 I read that too but it said that the poo would be dark. Hers isn'ts just a normal brown/green color
  • If it were blood it'd be really dark and look like coffee grounds
  • Doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Internal bleeding would be black or coffee ground in appearance (almost black). It wouldn't be normal bowel movement color.
  • My baby gets sand looking poo sometimes too just like you're describing. It's annoying because that stuff's hard to wipe off!! Lol I don't think it's anything to worry about though, all my kids have done that once in a while, it must have something to do with something they've ate I guess.
  • If she has been eating stuff with high wheat contence then poo can be like that if i give my little one wheat cereal they get poo like that.