You've got to be kidding me*At Ultrasound*

edited March 2013 in Pregnant

I guess I will be making an appointment to get my mirena removed. Useless piece of crap. I don't care this time, medical issues or not, I'm going to try to see if my body will carry this pregnancy. I'll take the risks as I cannot emotionally handle another medical termination. I thought for sure the IUD would be successful. Now, to find a way to tell the husband. I am terrified. I don't post much personal stuff on here, but other than the groups, i dont plan on telling friends or family until I am at least 12 weeks in case i miscarry. Wish me luck.

Comments

• Good god woman! Good luck!!! Wishing you all the best!!!!
  • my ob wanted me to get one too but I said no because I found so many women falling pregnant on it. I read though, that they leave it in if you fall pregnant because you risk miscarrying if you have it removed. I hope all goes well and good luck!!
  • Good luck! Something just seems like it is meant to be!
  • Oh wow. Really? @mummy_to_be That is insane. I don't want it in! Don't iud's increase the risk of tubals?

Thanks everyone. I guess some things in life are meant to be. At least now I can do cloth diapering, delayed cord clamping, placenta encapsulation, no vit k and all the other things I've learned lately. Im not going to get ahead of myself until I know I'm not going to lose it though.
  • Wow, congratulations and I'll be sending lots of positive and healthy vibes your way.

And like a pp mentioned, they leave them in until baby is born.
  • My pamphlet for my paragard says u have a greater risk of a tubal
  • Holy cow!!! Good luck hun. I hope it all works out! I heard that if you get pregnant with an iud in they can't take it out though?? I can't exactly remember why, but I remember someone on here being pregnant with her iud in and she said it was too risky to remove it. How far along do you think you are?
  • @starrxoxo9, no more than 4-5 weeks. I had a period on Jan 20th.

Well, I guess im stuck with the iud then! Jesus.
  • Due date calculator says Oct 23 or so. Just looked it up.
  • Congrats girl! I think you're just meant to have another one! ;) We're trying not to tell anyone either until the pregnancy is well established. Hopefully the hubby will be happy! ...just make it seem like he's extra manly or something. ;) lol
  • @captivated Ok I have gotten pregnant more than once on a Paraguard Iud. I was lucky mine fell out on its own. As well as a friend of mines mirena. Now before it fell out I was given the option to either have it removed with risk of: miscarriage or leave it in with risk of: miscarriage, tubal, increased risk of birth defects.
  • Hmm. @heather3rdgirl, I would chose to remove it then since it carries more risks to keep it, I suppose. Were your pregnancies viable?
    @wilsomom, I agree. This is definitely supposed to happen, I realize.
  • I've had so many losses though. I don't know how this will turn out. Trying not to get my hopes up. I definitely didn't think I'd be remotely happy, but for some odd reason, I am.
  • Good luck to you and i hope all goes well. What is meant to be, will be so just take a day at a time. Still ask about your options, and then decide what you would like to do and go from there. Baby Steps, Baby Steps :)
  • The first time I had a miscarriage (it fell out on its own) The second one: miscarriage (it fell out on its own) The third (it fell out on its own, but was going in a few days later to get it removed anyway, to TTC) I now have my 3rd daughter who is 10 months old. I am currently 25 weeks pregnant (was on the pill and went off of it to TTC) it worked, suprize suprize lol
  • Well congrats! At least someone is having good luck in getting prego :). I do hope everything works out well for you and the baby. Keep us posted!
  • Congratulations! Wow! When did you get married? I noticed a different last name. Congrats on that, too!
  • lol everyone said what I was going to say. yeah it has risks in leaving it in or talking it out. keep me updated xxx
  • Wow!! You just need to get everything removed/burned/cut/knotted/clipped/double knotted/etc next time lol! You are one fertile woman. Good luck though!
  • @Molly, we got married Jan 15th.

@everyone, thanks!
  • Hey ashley. Congrats. I hope this one keeps for you. Im also glad to see your spirts are much better. I hope things are going well for you. :-) i was going to text you today. Lol. I had to get on and check on my pregly family. Lol.
  • Congrats Ashley. Good luck to you.
  • Update:

I've been in the hospital for a couple days now. Admitted for over one so far and will be here until at least the weekend as docs say. Getting IV antibiotics about every hour through infusion for a blood infection and PCA pump for pain. My beta levels went from 51-150 in two days. I started spotting and cramping last night, but my second beta was from 0400 this morning. One doc says it could indicate ectopic and another says he isn't concerned about it at this point as they can't prevent it from happening and need to focus on getting infection under control. Just a small update for those following.

• Sorry hun :( you can never catch a break
  • Hope everything gets figured out and well soon.
  • edited February 2013
    Oh wow sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.
  • What caused the infection? Is it because of your condition and then being pregnant on top of it?? Good luck, I hope you figure out what's going on soon!