3rd trimester comfort level

edited March 2013 in Pregnant
Does anyone else find it extremely difficult to sit at a desk job at 30+ weeks pregnant? My baby goes ninja on me when I'm sitting and I'm just super uncomfortable!

Comments

• Ohhh yes I'm 33w2d and by the end my ribs kill fRom her going crazy on me.
  • 35 weeks and 1 day over here and omg my desk job just kills me. I have to be all the way leaned back in my chair to even stay comfortable. Some days I need to go home early because I get super crampy the baby has definitely ran out of room! I can not wait until april when I start my leave dear lord!
  • Yea I'm only 30w2d and I'm already feeling thus way at times! I also.have to lean back and I'm sure in the next few weeks getting thru 9 hours a day sitting will just not happen! @kkj09 do you use your benefit time or what? How, do you get out of work early? I am trying to leave towards the end of april.
  • Omg ladies, I don't know how you do it! Are you able to stand once in a while or walk around? Sitting in general kills me, pregnant or not, but especially pregnant. You guys are beasts! Lol

Be careful leaning back though, studies show that can cause baby to go breech. You should aim to lean forward as much as possible...which of course means spreading your legs & depending on your job, that could be kind of weird. Lol @Kkj09 @lilpeapod913
  • I did not know that @wilsomom... I also lean back to relieve pressure... I get up and walk around but I'm a receptionist so I have to stay at my desk most of the time :/
  • Are you girls aloud to use a yoga ball to sit on? That would help out a lot if you can. Even if it's not for the whole shift.
  • edited March 2013
    @nikki2690 I didn't either until my last pregnancy. My baby was breech for a while (first one ever) then I found out about leaning back & realized I was sitting in my recliner several times a day to rest. Maybe you could ask your boss for an ergonomical chair or something.

This looks interesting!
    http://m.bing.com/shopping/deluxe-ergonomic-ball-office-chair-35955/p/444BD6CD3817FA1DF159?q=exercise+ball+chair&lpq=exercise ball chair&FORM=HURE&mid=10006
  • Oh yeah, the yoga ball like @LittleFae said would be great too.
  • I can't... I work for an insurance company and I know they will say it's unprofessional... they aren't very accommodating
  • My company isn't very accommodating either. Out of 19 women, I am one of two that has small children, the other is school aged. They don't care, the bosses don't understand because they haven't had children..but in general, the company lacks majorly in employee satisfaction. I'm going to have to prob start leaving early soon like @kkj09 if I'm going to make it thru the workdays!
  • They make me do things that hurt me... I have to stock pop in the fridge. Bottom shelf. I have made comments that I can't do it anymore my boss just laughed. Thankfully I work with some wonderful women that help me out. . They should be thankful my prego butt is still there and will be until I deliver ..
  • awww girls thats horrible that your work is not understanding. Luckily my work is somewhat understanding sometimes they act a little irritated. @lilpeapod913 I'm not leaving early unfortunately.... my due date is April 15 and my last working day is the Friday before which is April 12th. So I'll be working until my due date and the biggest joke around my work is oh she is gunna give birth here which is beyond damn annoying.
    @wilsonmom I read that before and earlier in my pregnancy he was breech but he has been head down since like 28 weeks now but it does worry me a little but I have little choice because when I sit straight up it is sooooo painful after awhile I feel like I have broken ribs lol! Heres to hoping the time flies by until our due dates girls!
  • I work on a school kitchen 4 hrs a week thankfully they take care of me I'm 34 wks but I feel stabbing pains on my vg can't wait to be full term April 1
  • I get the stabbing pains to Idk why though!! @waitingformybaby
  • omg @waitingformybaby I will gasp and people will look at me like omg is she ok but its just the stabbing vag pains!!!! lol
  • I notice it happens when I carry my daughter she's only 18 lbs thou