@mijita help!! Lol (anyone really)

edited March 2013 in Health
A little embarrassing but I'm constipated bad. Pregnancy, progesterone supplements & zofran occasionally. I'm drinking plenty of water because I can't stand any sweet drinks. I'm very inactive because of the nausea which I know doesn't help. My hubby said to eat an apple because It works for him so I did. (with a little peanut butter, of course!) What else can I do? This usually is never a problem for me. Thanks in advance, you're the greatest!

Comments

• The dried prunes aren't too bad and they will help.Sorry i know this wasn't for me but thought I would add my two cents :-)
  • Suppository!!
  • Oh I'll take ideas from anybody! :) @doodles

@captivated Good idea, I think I've got some somewhere.
  • Apples work for me to lol I eat 1 or 2 rite before bed
  • Coffee!?!
  • Apples really do help with that :) hope u feel better soon
  • My mom mixes coffee with vanilla ice cream
  • Espresso! Does the trick every time.
  • Eeeek, I remember pregnancy constipation. Yuck! Start focusing on fiber, both soluble and insoluble as they will help with softening and adding bulk to yout stools. Keep drinking lots of water and walk as much as you can tolerate. Gastric slowing is a normal part of pregnancy, you just have to work with it.

Try eating more pears, pineapple, peaches, prunes, pinto beans, broccoli and cabbage. These are great sources of fiber.
  • apple juice is serious business gives my baby diarrhea hes so sensitive to it
  • Prune juice with a little orange juice in it.... And chug lol I eat fiber gummies every day and use stool softeners. I always get backed up when pregnant. Metamucil helps too...
  • @wilsomom oohh im so sorry for you!
    I have AT LEAST 3 bowel movements a day!!! lol
  • Thanks @everyone I'll definitely try these ideas!