Baby shower vs. Meet the baby

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Alot of people say not to have a second baby shower, but they really help! I have the option to have either a baby shower or meet the baby... Any suggestions?

Comments

• Well just to make it less formal I would go for a meet the baby. And some ppl view a second baby shower to be greedy
  • Baby shower allows u to have everything u need b4 that special day MTB is just such a cute idea...lol
  • @Kcantu2 Iz meet da bby wen ppl cme ova afta he/she waz born 2 c da bby n brng gifts r sumen? Jus curious b4 I answered ur ? above.
  • I dnt thnk havn a 2nd bby showr iz bein greedy. I had a boy 2yrs ago n im preggo wit a gurl due June 1st & my mama wants 2 throw me antha bbyshwr only b/c iz a girl, if it wulda been a boy I wasn havn a showr.
  • I am having a baby shower but I am kinda greedy I want a meet the baby to lol
  • Lmao @may1mommatobe at least ur bein honest. I thnk my auntie calls a meet the baby a sip & see party. She iz very stuk up so she want evry1 2 cme ova wen we get home & sip on mamosas & see da bby. I'm lik hell no.
  • @kcoolzchic sip and see are yall from the south cause thats what they call it down here
  • Its a celebration of a new life either way...celebrate and enjoy...if people want to brings gifts great..just try not to expect them...
  • @may1mommatobe yes im 4rm da south. I live n New Orleans. How bout yu? @kaylin I thnk I wuld prefr da showr 4r myslf cuz ima b healn 4rm a c-sectn. Wuld it b selfish of me 2 turn dwn a sip & see snce im not hostn it?
  • @kcoolzchic I am live in Houston
  • @may1mommatobe im bout 2 b 26 n I lived dwn south all my life n ive neva heard of a sip & see until recently wen my aunt mentioned it 2 me. Lol
  • No... This is my second and I remembered how I felt after baby one. Tired and after the hospital I wanted to get into my own routein without everyone. Also im personally not a fan of passing a newborn to several others. Alot of germs. Little one has low immune system as is...just say thanks but no thanks ud perfer a shower before hand
  • edited March 2011
    @kaylin I thnk daz exactly wat ima do n try not 2 hurt her feelings n da process. Thanx alot.
  • Ask if she would help with the shower...put her in charge of something special to me her feel wanted :)
  • I've heard off profile calling the second shower a baby sprinkle!
  • I want a second shower so bad! My first one was a girl, & I have a gut feeling this one is a boy. A short would help so much if that's the case. But, I don't wanna seem selfish or greedy :/
  • Im having a second shower. I have a 14 month old and im 27 weeks with another girl. They will be born in different seasons. One winter one summer so their clothes can't be used for each other. A baby shower is celebrating a baby! Not greedy at all. All we ask for is clothes and diapers as we already have all the big things. Meet the baby exposes them to way too many germs in my opinion.
  • Ok so I don't have much family the most important ones has passed away could I have myself a shower
  • Well, if you have another shower you might end up with a bunch of stuff you don't need cause you already have it. Even when you do a registry, people still get you whatever THEY want your baby to have. I say do a meet the baby and then specify exactly what it is that you need.
  • Go for it maddyshrt! Nothing wrong with that. Waiting around on folks can be a disappointment. If you have a decent friend that might be willing to help out, consider asking. This girl at my church called me and asked me to do one for her. I was happy to do it, but it's not like we were best friends so I don't know why she asked me.
  • Lol well maybe she picked your name outta basket lol I think I will do that maybe get my cousin to help a male which is gay so I'm sure he won't mind lmbo
  • I'm gonna have a second shower cause if its a boy I have all girl stuff. But I'm only putting the cheap stuff. Bouncer,clothes,bottles,bibs,etc.
  • Depends how far apart your kids are I plan on having a baby shower but my last baby was almost 10 yrs ago
  • My phone app messed up so I haven't been on sorry ladies! But I think its ok to have a shower I mean, afterall my babies are different gender haha. Atleast thats what I am thinking today.
  • i just had a baby shower and i am having a meet the baby 2-3 weeks after birth;)
  • INMO every child chould get their own baby shower. Its not greedy. Guests sent required to bring anything. Like a birthday party. Hell if all I invited came to mine and haves hand written card would be awesome..the pics are awesome and so are the memories!! Its a celebration of blessings to come.. enjoy it!!
  • I say baby shower! Bc meet the baby everyones gonna wanna touch him, hold him, kiss him.. all at once and you'll. Be tired with a newborn.. and ppl won't wanna leave! Lol.. this is my 2nd and I'm having a shower, with all the rest too
  • You could also have a diaper party :) every guest brings a pack
  • Yeah :) diapers are basically my main priority!