UPDATE: measuring 3weeks ahead.

edited April 2013 in Pregnant
So I went to my OB appointment today and I'm measuring at 37 weeks, I'm only 33weeks5days...I'm scared my baby is too big so I requested for an ultrasound to see the growth of the baby, I have an appointment next week....what do u ladies think?

update:
I just got done with my ultrasound and the baby's weigh is 6pounds exact...I'm not too worried the U.S tech told me not to worry cuz this measurements are not accurate.

Comments

• It could just be baby's position, but hopefully you'll find out more at the ultrasound.
  • @wilsomom I hope so too, I sure can't wait to find out how much he weights and what not, cuz the doc estimated his weight to be 5lbs.
  • I measured a head at one appointment then was fine at the next, doc said it was probably just her position. 9just remember ultrasounds can be off like a pound or two either way they arent always right.
  • @morgDeebee I know ultrasounds ain't accurate either they were off with my daughter, the ultrasound lady said my daughter was weighing at 9pounds and when she was born she was 7pounds 13ounce.
  • Both my kids measured 2 wks ahead each time in the third trimester. They said my first was 8lbs. Came out 9 lbs 7 oz. My second one came out bigger than that
  • @Kayleigh27 9lbs wow that's a big baby did u push him/her out.....I'm so terrified to push out a big baby.
  • I always measured 2-3wks ahead once my belly got big, and I had my daughter 5wks early! So you never know lol.
  • I've been measuring 2weeks ahead since 28wks. Now Im 35wks and i feel real sore and tired, so Im just waiting.
  • No both were c sections. Dr said he would have let me push if I really wanted to but my hips are narrow and he was worried about shoulder distocia(sp?) Or the baby being stuck and not getting oxygen. And both my husband and I talked it over and felt that was the 'safest' route to go even though it was a huge surgery. But I know a girl who deleivered both of her kids just fine with two over 9lb kids
  • I measured 10 weeks ahead with my 2nd pregnancy he was 9lb 2oz at 37 weeks I was huge I wouldn't be over concerned by 3 weeks as its not unusual for someone to be a couple of weeks either way.
  • Uh oh! No worries. If baby is big you can do it! My friend had an 11lb 4oz baby girl last month and she was two weeks early!! She had a vaginal birth and didn't tear any more than what she did with her first two babies
  • @Leggs2011 I'm just scared to push out 8+ pound baby
  • I was soo scared too!! My husband is in the army so we have crap doctors and we only get the u/s that are necessary. I didn't even know he was going to be big till I was called in for the induction. The doctor felt my belly a cpl times and goes "well it seems we have about a 8-9 lbs baby in there" First I thought *um we?* then *holly crap nu uh. Stupid army doctor doesn't know what he is talking about! I told em I was swollen and I had pre e months ago*
    The doctor "helped" My son get out.. he was stuck-ish. He "helped" in a VERY disturbing way.. I was not warned nor prepared for this "help". If you might know what I mean.. My sons "head was stuck on/behind my nail bone'"? Idk I was to disturbed to ask more about it.
  • Wow what a crazy doc u had, u sure is one strong mama doing it all natural too. @Leggs2011
  • My second measured 2-3 weeks ahead most of the pregnancy. The Dr told me he'd be 9+lbs. He was a week early and weighed only 7.5. My first was 8.10