is this normal?

edited April 2013 in Pregnant
So im 15weeks today and for days ive been craving ice/ice chips ...is this normal? Has anyone else had this

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Yes I've had it bad & I was severely anemic. It's a sign of anemia (low iron) so you might want to get checked or at least mention it to your dr. Like I had to crush ice everyday & if I ran out I was jonesing lol
  • Yea I no sumone like that an there anemic
  • I guess next monday ill have to talk to them about it ...if I am anemic can that make my delivery complicated since I will be having a csection
  • It's also a form of pica.
  • I've never heard that really @Wilsomom at least your craving something just the though of food makes me feel sick although haven't gotten sick yet the only thing I can stand is fruit and veggies. I wonder why I was same with my daughter nothing else sounded good...
  • Ha, I was just reading about this the other day! Pretty common during pregnancy I guess & yes, can also be a sign of anemia.
  • @jules that was actually my last pregnancy, I'm not anemic right now thank goodness. But yeah, tons of foods sound gross lol

@mijita aren't pica & anemia related somehow? I forget. Lol
  • I can't drink water without tons of ice. I eat ice all day everyday. Im anemic and i have to take iron pills aside from my prenatals.
  • @wildomom well glad u don't have it this time. But I mean I cant stand any food right now only fruit and veggies sound good so I've been eating a lot of those better then nothing. I wonder why I feel this way. :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @wilsomom; it may be correlated with anemia and most physicians will test for anemia when pica becomes a concern.
  • Will me and baby be ok ? If they put me on iron pills
  • MY friend would make her husband bring home cups and cups of ice several times a day from the gas station. She had her baby and the cravings are gone