Eyeliner & fake lashes

Which goes on first? I've never worn fake lashes, but I want to try something new.

Comments

• Put on the lashes that way the liner can be used to help it look more like your own lashes! But sometimes you might not need it either depending on what else your doing which is another reason to wait until after lashes are on.
  • Eyeliner always goes first. The strip of the eyelashes won't allow you to draw on the line very well and depending on how the glue dries off, your liner might end up looking a little jacked up if you stick the lashes first.
  • Especially if this is the first time trying it out... Do your eyeliner first.
  • Eyeliner first, then lashes.
  • Yes, eyeliner first. Also, put a thin coat of mascara on your lashes first. Then put the falsies on. Then another coat of mascara. That's how I was taught in cosmetology and its always been fool proof for me (: good luck!
  • Thanks ladies! :)
  • Well I've had to take make up classes since I've done 4 different shows throughout the year for past 12 years I guess it's easy for me to do it but we were shown by our make up artist to do it after but if it's too hard and.u really want it u can do it before. That's just what she always said and did and it was amazing.
  • I do so before and then touch up with liner after. I use liquid liner so it makes it easier. Plus, I buy black glue so there is no white crustiness on it.
  • Ohhh how about u try both methods to see which one u like best. 2 eyes, 2 methods, perfect!
  • I love using the individual lashes! You don't even have to use all of them and your lashes look full and not fake.
  • Oh yeah, @monkey_girl is right. The individual lashes are perfect too. They make your lashes look a lot more natural.
  • @monkey_girl That sounds neat, how do I do that? Just put a few here & there or in certain places?
  • Yeah, you can do a few in the middle and around the edges.
  • Yes the individual are the best! I had a mishap with an electric razor and shaved off the center lashes on my right eye...lol...I used the individual while they grew back.
  • Im not @monkey_girl lol but to answer your question, basically fill in the spots in your natural lash line that need filling in. I would advice you to start in the center and move towards the end. Make sure that you don't apply too many (because it'll make your eyelashes look too busy and fake), but make it look like the outer corner is the fullest part. If you need a few lashes in the inner corner, that's fine but apply the least you can.
  • Exactly how @perly says. I wasn't specific when I said edges. I meant ends.
  • Oh yes individual is what I have mostly used you will love them :) what you getting all fancy for?! Have date night...
  • @jules Lol nothing really, just feel like trying something new. :) We actually just had our 12th anniversary yesterday & couldn't do anything bc my hubby's back is having an episode & he's been in the bed for 3 weeks. I'm really stressed out right now. :(
  • Oh no I hope he gets better soon that's a lot I'm sure since u have to do everything for the kids and him. I hope u can get time to relax soon!
  • Liner first, then lashes. But reapply the liquid eyeliner to blend the eyelash band with the eyeliner. So to answer your question, both.
  • Buy black glue. You can do either first i usually would do liner first then lashes than liner again.
  • @ashley_smashley did the accident with the razor hurt? Lol. I've never had something like that happen so im curious lol.
  • Lol it was one of those small pen like razors. I was cleaning up my eyebrows and got to close to my lashes. Lol it didn't hurt anything but my pride lol.
  • @ashley_smashley lol. One time, when i was in 7th grade i bought the small wax strips to wax the upper lip... The instructions said to rub it in your hands to make the wax warm. Im guessing my hands were really hot because i burned my entire top lip -______-
    I have never waxed my lip ever since lol.
  • Omg @perly I bet that hurt! Lol I never used that stupid razor again!
  • @ashley_smashley lol. It did hurt. But i was kid so i was more worried about having to show my face in school lol