First tooth? How old was your lo?

edited April 2013 in Pregnant
Levi is 10 month and doesn't have any. I got my first 2 weeks after my first birthday. I've heard and read that the longer it takes for them to come in the healthier they are.

Comments

• 12 months. And then up until now he has only gotten one tooth a month. So at 18onths he only has 7 teeth.

But all of a sudden all of his molars and eye teeth are working they way on at once. A couple of poked a little through the gums but it much. Poor guy
  • My daughter got hers right after her first birthday. And she's 16 months now only has bottom two. I got mine late and I do think they end up healthier my last baby tooth came out at 14 lol and I have very healthy naturally white teeth who knows that could be reason.
  • My boy got his first at about 5-6 months. He had them all except his 2-year molars by like 14-15 months. They grew in in sets though, first bottom 2, then top four plus the two botton to make the front 8 a few months later, then the next 8 all at once as well.
  • My kids both got them early at around three months and had almost all by a year.
  • my son got his first tooth at 12 months and they came in on the top first! he's now 18 months and has his four top front teeth and getting two top molars and finally getting one on the bottom.
  • 12months now he's 16 months and has 7
  • Mine start earlier around 4 months my baby girl is 17 months an has 15 a mouth full lol
  • My first got his first 2 at 5 months. My second got his first at 7 months
  • First was around 10 months. Now she's almost two and almost has all of them
  • On average baby's start getting teeth by 6mo to 1yr. My son was early at 4mo and according to my mom, I was late getting mine. Most of the time, babies who get teeth late will lose teeth later as children and babies who get teeth early tend to lose teeth earlier. In my opinion it's better for them to get teeth later because they have more time to work on their oral hygiene with the baby teeth. This way when the adult teeth come in they are less likely to have cavities. I have no scientific proof of this just a professional observation I've noticed over the years.
  • @frantastic I think your right like I said mine were super late that's where my daughter is getting it and my teeth seem naturally healthy I don't think I work hard at it and my dentist has always said I must be taking good care of them but it's mostly BC I was older when I got them therefore I knew it was important plus I wanted to have nice smile so didn't have the time for them to getbad.
  • My daughter didn't get her first till 10m...they seem to come in sets of 2s. Now at 17m she has 10 and working on both top 1yr molars.
  • My son had four teeth at four month. He got a majority of his teeth very early before his first birthday. He is 18 months now and has 16 teeth.
  • My first got his at 15 months and my second at 13 months. I've heard the longer they stay under the gums the stronger teeth you will have.
  • edited April 2013
    3 months, she is now 12 months and has 12 teeth
  • My son got his at 3 months and had almosy all by a year old. All babies aee different.
  • My daughter got her first 2 at 10 months and now at 18 months only has 7 and half teeth and that half tooth has been coming know for months!
  • My daughter got her first two teeth when she was 8 months..
  • edited May 2013
    *deleted.* didn't realize I already commented. Oops.
  • My Baby Got Hers At A Week Old And She Is Now 18 Months Old Now And Has7 Teeth And Still Teething
  • 3 months with my daughter and around 3-4 months with my son
  • @angelmonkeymelody omg poor baby! Only a week old!
  • Ya The Doc Told Us That When He Pulled Her Out Of Me He Could See The Tooth
  • My daughter was about 3 months when she got her first one then got one every month! She is 18 months now and has beautiful teeth! 8 on top & 8 on the bottom. She is breastfed (still) so i believe that is why she's gotten so many & has only been sick once her entire life. She brushes her teeth every morning & night & loves it!