would you????

edited May 2013 in Pregnant
consider buying a used car seat?

Comments

• Only from someone I know and trust! You never know otherwise if that seat has been in an accident or properly taken care of.
  • Im reusing mine !!
  • What @ashley_smashley said. Only from someone i know and trust. And that someone i know has to have bought it new.
  • No I wouldn't, car seats have a use by date for a reason parts can go bad and fail, plus you have no idea how it was stored the foam could get wet and grow mold in a dark closet. I feel its much safer just to spend the money to get a new one, I rather know my child is safe then save a few bucks. If money is a issue they have carseat programs that they give you one or pay 50 bucks for one.
  • I would only from someone I knew and trusted too. But here if you bring an old carseat to the police station they will give you a brand new one for free. So if you are looking to save money you can look to see if your police station does it too?
  • That's great!!!
  • Only from friend and if I knew it was never in accident and also depends I what type. I'm all about safety even if I have to pay little more.
  • As long as it's safe and it works I don't see why not.
  • As long as it hasnt been in an accident & isnt expired then i may consider it. My husband would never.
  • I personally don't think there's anything wrong with buying used items as long as you take them from someone you know very well. That way you know that the item being given to you was well taken care of and it won't be giving you problems in the long run.

As far as items being expired, in my opinion (and no offence) that's where common sense kicks in. If you are buying a car seat from a friend for example and she used it with her daughter who now happens to be 9 years old, common sense should tell you that this car seat is more than likely expired and you should probably invest in a new one. Either way, you should always double check the item and make sure that you are getting something that your baby will be safe in.
  • edited May 2013
    Double post. Sorry.
  • I just bought mine off Craigslist a couple weeks ago. As long as its in good condition, its not expired, and u trust the person that it's not been in an accident then its a great way to save money for other baby expenses :)
  • I couldn't bc I would worry to much. But if u know what u are looking for most likely a person drivinga newer car has not been in an aaccident. Plus the fire department confiscated my coudin atthe scene of the aaccident. I drive a 2012 that you can tell has never been wrecked.
  • Only if I knew the person AND it had not expired or even near the expiration date AND know 100% for a fact that it had NEVER EVER been in a car accident!!! But even then I would still worry. You never wanna be cheap when it cones to the safety of your children!!!!