Who has

edited May 2013 in Pregnant
Had there tubes tied right after having your baby. How long were you really sore and found it hard to do things? All of my children have been a vaginal birth so far.I'm getting my tubes before I leave the hospital with baby #4. Am I really going to need help?

Comments

• so are you having a c-section?
  • I had mine done at the time of my c section. I didn't have any extra pain.
  • Having your tubes tied by laparoscopy after burn is a much speedier recovery than having a c section and having it done then. If no need for a section, definitely have it done separately. With a Lap, recovery is a couple days of pain.
  • edited May 2013
    @mommyof1g1b @captivated @sands

I am Not having a c section unless it becomes medically necessary at the time of birth. I will be having my baby and then soon after birth (before Ileave the hospital) I will be having my tubes tied. My Dr did say that the cuts will be bigger and there will be 3 instead of 2 due to just having a baby. Things will still be in random places so it's a bit more difficult than the normal everyday tube tie. I NEED to get it done right after baby before I leave the hospita or it may not happen.
  • I was thinking about having a c-section just so I can have my tubes tied but I am totally unsure of what I want to do
  • Well maybe your Dr will tie your tubes without c section like mine :)
  • My doctor said she wont tie my tubes for 6 weeks after i have the baby. Im having a natural birth & she says she just wont do it then unless for some reason i get a c section. Lame but whatever as long as its done!
  • My doc said he would do it but prefers to wait 6 wks so wait is what I'm going to do I guess
  • Yea most Dr's like to wait. But I am 1,000 sure and need to get them done right away. Can't wait till my 6 week appt to schedule it for medical and work reasons.
  • I got mine tied intially right after giving birth to my last baby..later untied.....but I needed help a few days n then I was ok the soreness went away by day 5 @heather3girls1boy
  • @preggomommyof4 why untied if you don't mind me asking? Good to know! I can handle 5 days lol
  • I later married a guy wirh no kids tht was younger @heather3girls1boy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2013
    @HomeBirthAdvocate
    Oh yes I plan on natural labor, my dr is tying my tubes the next day :)
  • I had mine a few months ago. The healing time was about a week maybe two...but it was mainly in incision that took the longest. A few mild cramps but nothing bad. I think maybe the reason my healing lasted as long as it did was because I was cleaning everything...I was so darn loopy and felt I could clean...oh boy was I wrong lol my advice is don't do anything for at least three days lol kick your feet up and relax. Other then that it wasn't very painful at all. :-)
  • @CristinaLynn I will have 3 incisions about 2-3 inches long. Is that what you had?
  • No. I only had one incision on the bottom of my belly button. That was it.