"Would it really hurt the baby if you ride a rollercoaster?"

edited May 2013 in Pregnant
Is what S/O said to me yesterday. Um it's not my fault our Six Flags (Great America) decided to get interesting the year I get pregnant. Not only did they FINALLY get a new lights show with concert. The Batman ride is gonna go backwards until July 7, then on July 8th the Viper is gonna start going backwards, THEN in August the American Eagle is gonna go backwards. Does he not know I'm just as upset as he is. I'm fricking livid.

Yes he was joking, but still. I so blame him. Lol.

Comments

• Lol. That kinda stuff always happens. The first time i was pregnant, i missed out on riding the rides at the Rodeo lol. My hubby and i had planned ahead of time so i bought my tickets a week before i got my bfp lol. Then the next year i was able to go on the rides and this year i missed out again lol. It always happens. I still go to walk around and get my fat turkey leg lol.
  • It sucks bc I love water parks and can't do anything.
  • edited May 2013
    @perly: I still might go but it'll be torture since I can't ride all the awesome rides. The saddest paryt is the rides are only going backwards this year. :-(

@candy101: I know. I'm hating S/O for getting me pregnant lol.
  • @veevee you never know, maybe if the park has a good amount of money come in that day, they may consider doing it again since it could mean more money for them.
  • I would ask your Dr.
  • I wouldn't ask my dr he would look at me like I was nuts. I usually don't ask if I know the answer. I ask if he would do attempt a flip after a c-section knowing he would advise against it and he gave me the look. Lol But he will do it if I want.
  • Yes it would, I for one don't like costers but why would you wanna risk that rides will be there after. Baby is born
  • Yes she knows that aubreysmommy ..she was just saying that was what her husband asked her as a joke lol
  • I have never been on a rollercoaster so I guess I'm a bit lost on why or how it would hurt. That's why I suggested asking Dr.
  • The park shouldn't have allowed u to ride pregnant. For one thing the force is not good I have been on some that pretty much hold u in by ur mid section (the x flight). Second they all have signs not to ride if ur pregnant. Yes it's for their protection but still I don't think she would really risk it. @heather3girls1boy
  • It seems like everyone on this thread is a bit confused...lol
  • @starrxoxo9 i know right lol. I wonder if they are actually reading the post...
  • Lmao @ the confusion here
  • @starrxoxo9 & @perly: Lol, I don't think they are.

@Aubreysmommy: I would never risk what I tried so long and hard to make.

@ashley_smashley: You do not know how hard it was for me to not to reach back and slap the living life out of him. lol.

@Heather3girls1boy: You don't know what your missing.
  • edited May 2013
    Everyone thinks it a bit funny me included. I have never been to any type of amusement park. I plan on going to one at some point in the near future.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Heather3girls1boy you must go to one as soon as you can.

@HomeBirthAdvocate: Exactly. Thank you. I am aware of that too. The things S/O says to me just makes me want to punch him.
  • When I was pregnant my ob said I could go on any rides but roller coasters until I hit 30 weeks, its worth a shot to ask
  • edited May 2013
    @jewel: I already know its not a good idea or safe to ride any type of rollercoaster while pregnant. I don't need to ask a doctor. There is always Fright Fest (October) or next year. Hopefully the backwards ride (Batman & Viper) are a hit. The American Eagle only goes backwards every so many years. Lets hope 2014 they bring in a few new rides.