is it ok to put 1 table spoon of cereal in a two month old bottle?

edited June 2013 in Pregnant
My little girl is now two months! But seems like she does not get full. She drinks 8 oz idk if thats too much or not. She goes to the dr friday but just curious if anybody has done it?

Comments

• I know people had done it (not me) but I also know its a choking hazard and its not recommend ... talk to the pediatrician he'll give you the best advice and a peace of mind
  • I tried it one time when my son was much older n he choked
  • No! Besides the fact that your child's gut is not fully formed yet, and can't handle solids like that, it's a choking hazard. Feed your child how ever much formula/breast milk they want. Don't worry about if you think it's to much.
  • edited June 2013
    My pedi recommended it ask him about it wen u go cuz she was drinking a lot to
  • Maybe feed more frequently, don't add cereal
  • No. You're setting your baby up for future health issues. Besides 8ozs for a 2 month old seems like a lot. Just let baby eat how ever much she wants. She could just be going through a growth spurt and be super hungry!
  • I would wait to all your doc I personally never did it.
  • My mom tried to do that for my daughter but didn't work. Cereal would get stuck in bottle hole and my daughter could only suck slow nipple, so she couldn't make hole bigger...lol Besides I read that doing that sets up bad eating habits. Doing that is not good for baby.
  • No. Like @Ashley_smashley said gut is not ready for solids till at least 4-6 months if they are sitting unsupported etc. Check out kellymom.com and DrSears.com for info regarding solids. Feed more if not full. Could be growth spurt and cereal offers no nutritional value baby needs.
  • I don't think its a good idea but i know some people who swear by it.
  • We did with ny son per his pedi but it wasn't until he was about four months and it was due to gastric issue's. Probably a growth spurt, maybe try feeding more frequently.
  • No.. & don't do it
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I tried it with my son at 2 months twice and he puked it up. After I read on pregly it wad bad and choking hazard I didn't do it again. Wierd thing is my son slept through the night since then. I wiulrdnt do it with my next tho.
  • Nothing besides milk/formula/water should go in bottles. My opinion. I do however know of 2 children who needed to use rice one because of acid reflux the other was a swallowing issue. But that is only something I would do if to correct those issues not to fill them up. 8 oz seems crazy for a2 months old but I'm sure it's not that uncommon. My son is a year on Thursday and drinks5-7 oz!
  • Thanks guys! Im going to stop doing it! My daughter is so chunky! She goes to the dr today so I will see whats going on! Without cereal she will drink 8oz but with one scoop she will drink only 4 or 5. Idk! But i do know i dont want her to have problems on down the road!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.