2nd labor length compared to 1st

edited June 2013 in Pregnant
So as I'm preparing to have this nugget I'm super curious about everybodys labor times with 2nd babies compared to your 1st? My first was 30 hrs ..... Was the 2nd baby actually faster?anybody have success with Evening primrose oil as a means of progress ? Tell me your birth stories!! :)

Comments

• Bump. I'm expecting #2 as well and I'd like to know how other people's second birth experience went.
  • Good question I'm curious about my second as well my first was only 13 hrs so if the tale is true then after the first it usually gets faster then mine will just pop right out. I used evening primrose oil tablets I really think they work I'll be using them towards the end like I did with my first. I also drank raspberry leaf tea from what its supposed to do I did it for me so I have bunch of it and been drinking it few times a week but will start doing once a day in a month or so just like last time.
  • My labor with my second was much easier and faster, my first was 23 hrs and I was pushing for 2 hours, with my second I was in active labor for 3 hours and pushed him out in 20 minutes.
  • My first was fast I labored at home for almost 24hours. pain meds only no time for epi. 30min pushing.

My second was faster lol labor at home with contraction for two day. Went the hospita.wasl there for about 3hour had my baby girl. No pain meds no epi. 5pushes. Alot smoother maybe because my daughter weighed less than my son. She just slid right out.
  • First: 34 hours (2hours pushing)
    Second: 5 and a half hours (15min pushing)
  • First 13hours 15 minutes pushing
    Second 15hours 15 min pushing
    Third 5 hours 20 minutes pushing
  • First= maybe 2 hours: 3 quick pushes, 2 weeks early
    Second=maybe 1 hour: 2 quick pushes, 2 weeks early
    Third=12 hours: 30 mins of pushing, 2 weeks overdue
    Forth= Waiting!!! Lol
  • First was 36 hours, second was 14 hours.
  • My first was 23 rough hours(ended with c section), second was 7 miserable hours(went into labor before scheduled c section)
  • Thanks guys, your all giving me hope for a shorter labor this time :) I can't do 30 hrs with 2 hrs of pushing again! Ahh
  • Mine were the same. 6 hours start to finish both babies.
  • First : 13 hours, 3 pushes.
    Second : 17 hours, 3 pushes.
  • @minx1018 your 2nd labor sounds like my dream labor Lol 5 hours would be awesome!
  • It was an amazing labor, very easy compared to the first. I was talking and friendly right up until time to push without any meds
  • I was wondering about this...I'm not prego with number 2 yet and don't plan to be soon, but my first labor was 5hrs with 45min of pushing. All my friends joked I should just sit in the hospital parking lot when i get to 38w next time lol.
  • edited June 2013
    First was long 23 hrs 3 hrs pushing second I went to the hospital at around 12am they check me I was only a 2 I stayed walk around I was getting ready to jump on the tub and needed iv before they took forever cuz they couldn't find my veins when they check again I was ready he was born at 630 am i only pushed like for 15 min he came out fast chamomile tea is what induced my labor nothing else I tried helped I drank the tea around 7 pm started contracting at around 1030 pm u ladies should try it
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.