update on my concerning pregnancy

edited June 2013 in Pregnant
So I'm 22 weeks and havent gained any weight at all I've lost weight and I've been trying to eat evrrything just to gain but its like I never ate at all so my ob is getting very concerned especially because I have pica and as much as I dont eat the things I'm craving I dont really have a appiate for real food I had my last ulrasound at 19 weeks and the baby looks beyond perfect heartbeat is strong and loud :) but theyre concerned I'm not growing so I hav to go to another ultrsound for a growth check for her to make sure shes growing right ..all I know is that she kicks so hard that it hurts and you can see her moving ...my kids love seeing her move I guess it makes it more of a reality for them so see theyre baby sister moving :) but I have a appiontment tomorrow to check my weight and I weighed myself and I've lost weight :( I cant win

Comments

• Not to be rude but we're u heavier to start with. Only cause I've seen that happen to people that were little bit heavier and some reason being pregnant made them lose weight but still have very healthy babies :). If not then some just don't gain much but tiny bit when baby starts to grow good luck at the ultrasound hope it all goes very well!
  • I'm 5' 3 1/2 I did weigh 167 I'm like a 12/13 pant size but over all I'm pretty thin big bust with my son i lost 24lbs and gained it back near the end I was all baby all my kids were born healthy ill let everyone know whats going on
  • I'd try not to be too concerned about your weight. I'm 5'4, my pre pregnancy weight was 133 & I lost 14 pounds through morning sickness/lack of appetite. I've still not gained all the weight back & am now 22 1/2 weeks but my last scan at 20 weeks showed baby the right size so weight doesn't mean much, wait & see what your next scan shows (am sure all is ok) xx
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I gained half a pound andd I have to get a utlrasound
  • I think it will be ok as long as you continue waiting well and drinking lots water..As long as you're baby is getting nutrients that's all that matters. I mean with my first I was 90 pounds when I got pregnant for so much crap my doc wanting me to gain weight I did some my daughter was still very healthy bc I was eating. This time I was 80 pounds when I got pregnant now 14 weeks 81 pounds my new doc is amazing and he hasn't given me hard time at all bc he knows I'm eating and baby growth is right on track. The point is don't let any weigh thing get to you too much as long as you know your being healthy the baby will be healthy!
  • What form of pica do you have?
  • I crave baby powder
  • I heard pica is manly a complication of iron deficiancy anemia sp?. Is that true.
  • Did you have pica or cravings for nonfood items prior to pregnancy?
  • No I had no idea what pica was but I dont eat the things I crave I mainly eat fruit and veggies and a little bit of meat
  • My doctor doesn't care about weight at all unless there is no tummy growth.