Going off of zofran

edited June 2013 in Pregnant
So this pregnancy has been really rough on me. I've had such bad morning sickness that I ended up in the ER for dehydration and was put on zofran. The zofran works great but makes me super constipated :( So now I'm 13 weeks and thinking of cutting back on the zofran to eventually going off all together. My worry is when I tried to do that a few weeks ago the nausea came back with a vengeance and I'm afraid of being so sick that I go to the ER again. Has anyone else had problems going off of zofran?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I tried cutting back today and I'm feeling really queasy. I'm terrified of being violently ill again. Ginger didn't do shit for me before I got zofran so I think I'll just stay on it for a while longer. I just hate pooping every other day.
  • Have you tried water with lemon in it? I heard that helps and it help with dehydration too. I have zofran but it makes me so constipated so I don't use it unless I really have too.
  • @PaulJrsMommy I have to take 2 zofran everyday or I can't keep anything down, not even water. I hate the constipation but I just don't think natural remedies work for me.
  • I was eating candied ginger @HomeBirthAdvocate but even still I'm just not big on natural/ home remedies. I've only has 1 zofran today and feel a little queasy but an still functional so I'll try this for a while.
  • I just got a prescription for zofran I hate it, it gives me horrible headaches and taste horrible. My dr suggested buying Ginger roots from the produce section and peeling the skin back and sucking on it like a lollipop. I haven't tried that but she swears by it.
  • Have you tried unisom? I took it most of my pregnancy because I was sick up til 16 weeks. I would take it before bed and wake up feeling fine. If I forgot or didn't take it before bed, I'd wake up vomiting. Could be worth a shot. As for the constipation...I eat oatmeal with a scoop of coconut oil in it almost daily for breakfast. That will help regulate you. It sounds like it would be greasy and nasty, but it's not. ;) Feel better either way.
  • What about phenergone (sp?) That's for nausea too and its safe for pregnant women.
  • Well I wouldn't shoot down natural remedies if you haven't tried them all. I hate being constipated so I'd try the others.. but that's me. Goodluck hun.
  • You could try those wrist band thingys for nausea. They persoanlly didn't help me but I had horrid morning sickness throughout both my pregnancies