ultrasound pic! - kidney update at top

edited July 2013 in Pregnant
http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i362/wilsofily/IMG_20130610_142944_zps992bc7af.jpg

UPDATE 7/22/13:

Kidneys looked great today, no longer enlarged. Baby measuring 2lb 4oz & I'm just 26 weeks! Lol I always seem to have big babies though.

Comments

• Boy?? Please tell me that is his arm! Lol unless I'm looking at it wrong
  • Lol don't know how it could be anything then boy unless I'm looking at wrong thing.
  • edited June 2013
    *better change this just in case lol
  • Boy! Because it says "its a boy!" on the top left lol.
  • edited June 2013
    @perly I thought I cut that out lol

Yeah, that's a close up of his man parts lol. His legs were pulled up where you can't see them, so it was all boy parts. :) @jules @Kimberly4411 @ExcitedForOctober @Mackenzies_mama2010

They said one of his kidneys was measuring a little large & I have to come back in 6 weeks. Didn't that happen to you @ExcitedForOctober ? I'm hoping it will go away!
  • Yes it did :( and they continued to get bigger except in the last month, they were the same size for the first time in my last ultrasound comparing from the ultrasound before that. He will definitely need some sort of treatment when he's born but they keep reassuring me its very common, especially in boys. Hope your LO's resolves before he's born though!
  • @ExcitedForOctober She said it's very common to me too & that it might go away, if not he'll need to be seen after birth by a urologist. I hope it's not a big deal. When are you due?
  • In 3 weeks, July 4th :) ...yes hopefully it does go away on its own :)
  • @ExcitedForOctober oh wow, that's soon! :) Let me know how it goes. :)
  • Lol. But his big boy parts definitely gave it away lol.
  • That is what they said about my son at his 20 week ultrasound he had it in both tho your sons could resolve on its own my son had it severe (stage 4) in both of his kidneys hes 20 months old hes had surgery on one of his kidneys and possibly another surgery on the other kidney its called hydronephrosis its either gonna be he has a blockage like my son or its like reflux thats throwing the urine back up in the kidneys but they told me that 75% of kids it goes away on its own have any other questions let me know since im going thru it rite now :)
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah, she was saying something about a blockage or reflux but I didn't know exactly what she meant. Did your son do well with his surgery? I hope he doesn't need more surgery! Thanks for explaining & I'll find out more at the next ultrasound in 6 weeks & let you know. :) @Mackenzies_mama2010
  • He did amazingly well with his surgery he was 10 days short of 1 when he had it 2 days after surgery he was off pain meds and 3 days after he was running around and they took 8 oz of extra fluid outta his kidney and now its pretty much looks like a normal kidney
    Ya hoping he doesn't need another one we go down to the children's hospital and get one more test done to determine if he needs the other surgery
  • @Mackenzies_mama2010 Oh that's good news! So was that a permenant fix or is It an ongoing thing?
  • There hoping its a permeant fix but since it was/is so bad theres a good chance he mite need a kidney transplant when he gets older
  • Riley has hydronephrosis too. He has it in both kidneys and we are under Great Ormond Street with him at the mo. 95% of babies born with it (if it hasn't corrected itself before then) find it is corrected by 4 months of age. We are currently in a waiting game with Riley, his kidneys and ureters(the tubes between kidneys and bladder) are swollen. Tubes are 15/16mm at the mo. 20mm is when they will operate and this year is an important year as the urine output doubles between the age of 1 and 2 so either his kidneys will cope or they will swell more. We have his next ultrasound and consultant appointment on July 4th. He is scanned approx every 4 months and has had 2 special scans to check his kidney funcrion which will need repeating by his 2nd birthday in Nov. He has been on antibiotics since he was born to prevent UTIs. You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at him though and as long as his kidneys cope with the urine increase his doctor says he can live like this for 100 years! X
  • Congrats on your baby boy :)!! Sounds like a lot of us are having boys
  • Well if that's not a boy he must have 3 legs :-))
  • @cheekyerin LOL yep, definitely a boy! :D
  • Did no one see my update at top? Lol

Baby's kidneys are fine now, yay! :)
  • Oh yaay! That's GREAT news :) Lucian has his kidney ultrasound in a week and I n hoping it corrected itself as well.
  • @ExcitedForOctober Praying for good news for you too!
  • That's awesome yayy !!
  • That's great news! Now im sure u feel soo much better. And ur 26 weeks now somewhere there right? Hope ur feeling well :)
  • @jules Yes, 26 weeks! I feel WAY better now, thanks! How about you? :)

@Mrz_Jackson Thank you! I feel much better, don't have to worry about it now.
  • That's good! I've been feeling well just enjoying time with Scarlett and hubby when his not working lol. And we went to visit my parents for 10 days and their coming to us next week we got some fun things planned like Yosemite, and they are gonna watch Scarlett for us one evening so we can have date night I'm very excited. I only really enjoy that when they are watching her just bc we really trust them and she loves her grandparents my dad is goof with her just like daddy :)... So we're looking forward to time for us before the new baby bc we won't see them again until thanksgiving and maybe I'll make it until then but I was week early with Scarlett my doc thinks there's good chance for same thing. I'm ok with week early but hope for not too early that's always scary. How are ur boys doing any update?
  • @jules That sounds like fun & I know what you mean about enjoying your date only when it's someone you trust babysitting. I'm the same way. The boys are doing much better for now. The oldest one is staying with his dad for the summer & the younger one is working a good job & on probation, but off house arrest now. So things are feeling a little better for now!
  • Im soo glad to hear things are better with the boys. How do u feel about him being with the dad? I don't know about ur relationship with him do u worry I have step daughter and she visits and I have no idea how my hubby does it I could never go without my daughter well almost 2 now :) I just love every second with her and miss her even if I run to the store without her. So I know it must be hard at times.