Pageant Mommas I have some questions?

edited June 2013 in Pregnant
My daughter is a month old her first pageant is June 29th. Its a 4th of July pageant. I got her this really cute dress to wear that red,white,blue. White head band. Is it too early to paint her toes? What is the best way of doing it? Any tips for me when walking on stage. Should I wait to feed her so she is wide a wake or what?

Comments

• I use piggy paint on mybaby...its all natural and comes in all colors. They also make a completely safe polish remover. This stuff doesnt stay on longer then a few days, so it would be perfect for what you need it for :) also i always do it whileshes asleep in her car seat.
  • Where can I find it at? @coltensmamma
  • I use piggy paint I got mine at buy buy baby but babies r us should should have it just put it in Google places will pop up. It will come off with water when she takes bath. And I've done it to my daughter since she was tinny too never really had to worry about how to where to now she's 18 moths sits still most the time when she doesn't I put her in the high chair give her snack it only takes minute to do.
  • When we go out in front of the judges how should I hold her? Upright?or cradling? This is mine and hers first. My mom didn't allow me to do girly things.so this is all new to me. @Jules
  • Piggy paint is sold at Ulta too
  • I over looked it at Walmart. My friend works their she told me where to find it.
  • Well I've never been involved but I would for sure hold her up cradling wouldn't show her and the outfit the best.
  • I love pageants! :) when i was a baby i was asleep and won most beautiful and first runner up :) i was so proud of my trophys when i got older and my cousin was jealous and broke them :'( i cried all year. I wish i had those trophys still. but here's advice..

Hold her upright. Make sure your not sqishing her dress. If you paint her nails do it the day of because nail polish has the tendency of falling off babies hands and feet alot. I use normal polish on my daughter. When your walking on stage have confidence and stand up straight. Make yourself look extra presentable. Make sure she's NOT cranky at all. So feed her when she needs to be fed don't skip a feeding.
  • edited June 2013
    K thanks that's very helpful. Its a small town pageant. I'm hoping she will win something if not its no big deal @mommylovessparkle
  • Good luck :) i know of some pageants that have to give every contestant a trophy no matter what if its a "natural pageant." I'm going to be entering my daughter in a Miss Nevada pageant soon and they give out 17" trophies to everyone plus whoever wins the categories get sashes and tiaras and such. I'm really excited also. Goodluck to your daughter I'm sure you guys will do great! :)
  • I'm super excited. I was never allowed to. I always wanted to do real girly things. But my mom&dad wouldn't let me. I'm not sure why. Always played sports. No cheerleading it was not a sport according to my parents. So I played baseball then softball, soccer (co-ed), and karate(co-ed). I took gymnastics one time don't remember it. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy playing. Softball was my favorite. I really miss playing.
  • Wow really? That's crazy. I remember my parents tried to put me in karate. It didn't last long because i spent too much time on my hair and makeup and tried to look the best in class lol. I'd even wear heels to high school lol I'm such a girly girl. I wonder why they wouldn't let you :(
  • Idk I've never really asked them why. My mom wouldn't let me shave my legs until I was in the 6th grade. The only reason she did was because my older sister begged her. My sister told me my mom wasn't like that with her. I told her that's probably why I wasn't allowed to be girlygirl. @mommylovessparkle
  • Your mom probably felt like she made mistakes with your older sister & tried doing things differently with you. I find myself doing the same kind of thing with my kids.
  • Yea If that was the case. My mom didn't rly raise my sister. My grandma was the legal guardian. My mom got pregnant at 17.(previous marriage) @wilsomom
  • Wow. I'm sorry :(