My worrying is finally over ♥

edited June 2013 in Babies Health
Today my 20 month old son had surgery on his scrotum. He went under General anastesia which terrified the hell outta me! His one ball wouldn't stay down so they had to fix it. Then they had to check if he had a hernia so they cut him again just under his diaper line. Everything went great!! He is now asking like nothing even happened! So I can finally stop worrying. .. my baby boy is home safe with me where he belongs!♥¤♥
Now I just have to worry aboit him ripping his stitches out. It's next to impossible to keep a 20 month old boy calm! No climbing on the couch, riding his toys, I can't even hold him on my hip for 2 whole weeks!!! This is gonna be the tough part! Thanks for reading ♥♥♥

Comments

• Aww! Poor baby! Well the worst part is over. Just keep him busy, so that dose not think about it.
  • I have to keep him as still as possible. If he busts his stitches open he could get an infection! He's an active little boy so its gonna be hard! @monkey_girl
  • I'm so glad you don't have to worry any more! :)
  • Are they dissolvable? My daughter had six stitches on her forhead and it was hard getting her not to touch them and irritate them. I can only imagine how much harder it is to have them under his diaper line.
  • When my son had surgery i found it was easiest to put a onsie on him so he wasnt messing with it
  • I'm so happy you don't need to worry no more.! The worst is over mommy hugs :)
  • The stitches in his balls are dissolvable! Then they put glue over that. The one at his diaper line they just put glue on! I feel so bad changing his diaper :'(. His poor balls are purple and black and blue and really swollen! I know it hurts him :-( They said to keep loose fitting clothes on him! But thanks girls! We will make it thru without busting a stitch! !!
  • Dissolvable Stitches and glue are really strong. Don't stress! Everything will be fine. :)