My feet are killing me!!!

edited June 2013 in Third Trimester
My feet are killing me. I can hardly bare any weight plus they're starting to swell. Which sucks because I'm on my feet 6hrs a shift with only 15mins of a break. I'm in dire need of a good foot massage. I mean a really really really REALLY good foot massage. :-((

Comments

• I'm sorry that's no fun. Just keep them elevated when u can and lots fluids I didn't have that with my first hopefully won't this time either.
  • What Jules said, and watch your salt intake, excess salt will make them swell up too. Mine got HUGE when I was pregnant.
  • @jules, @Stillsurprised: I drink lots of water. I think most of it is from work. I am constantly on my feet all day. From the time I wake up, catch the bus (if S/O isn't at work already and/or when I stay home) and train, walking from the train to my job and standing on my feet for 6hrs to 8hrs, then back on the train and bus to home. Not yo mention my feet grew a size up. I think I need new shows. I am keeping them elevated and constantly asking S/O for a foot massage.

I'm gonna talk to my doctor about what I can do to ease the swelling and pain at my next appointment.
  • Well sounds like your doing what u can that's good! I hope they can help you. I was I my feet all day at work with my first and plus I'm long distance runner and professional ballet dancer I never took it easy never had that problem. Honestly I think its one of those things u either get or u don't kinda like stretch marks lol. One problem I have and hate is bc I have good veins already while im pregnant this one on my leg gets crazy it really hurts but at least I know it goes away as soon as im not pregnant I would hate to always have it. I have my hubby massages it out hopefully that can help u little too it's miserable being busy and having to do things but your legs or feet are killing you I'm sorry :(
  • @jules thank you. It just started though. I could be on my feet for hours but since I hit the third trimester it feels like I have been stomping on rocks, lol. As for stretch marks I hardly have any and I'm not gonna brag or complain.
  • Ya that's no fun at all at least your in the 3rd trimester not too much longer kinda.... I didn't get stretch marks either with my first and nothing yet this time hoping for the best lol.
  • edited July 2013
    @jules Thank you. ;-)
  • S/O gave me the best foot massage ever the other day and theses past two days I've been off work my feet stay elevated and my feet feel so much better.
  • Glad you're doing better!
  • @jules: Me too. He's gonna have to do that massage once a week, every week up until I pop the baby out and maybe after that. It is now mandatory, lol.
  • Lol that's good! My hubby does I've every night his home but just little one then we do like pedicure night once every two weeks got spa thing at home he even loves when I do mask on him that way I'm not the only funny looking one it's fun and relaxing ha?!
  • @jules sounds fun
  • Lol I think so I was shocked to find man that enjoyes it as well
  • @jules Lol. I wish S/O was like that.