Hospital Bag Help!

edited July 2013 in Pregnant
Completely clueless. What to pack?

Comments

• For baby - diapers, wipes, pacifiers, socks, mittens, hats, receiving blankets, outfits/sleepers.

For you- comfy outfits/pajamas, house shoes, socks, tight comfy bra, comfy panies cuz there's suck lol, pads if u want the kind u like , bath soaps, deoderant , tooth brush an tooth paste
  • Nursing bras if you are going to breastfeed, camera...
  • This is what i packed. You can add or take off depending on what your situation will be.

-For myself
    Pajamas(or comfortable clothes to wear after you have the baby)
    Underclothes too!!(obviously lol)
    A comfortable coming home outfit.
    Closed slippers or house shoes
    Toothbrush/Toothpaste
    Perfume/Deodorant
    Make up/ Brush or Comb

-For baby i took about 5 little outfits because the hospital i was in let me put my own clothes on him and also because they take pictures of him and just in case he got one dirty, he had a back up. And well the car seat (obviously)

-For hubby i took 3 days worth of clothes because he stayed with me the whole time.

And just don't forget the usual stuff you take when you go out, which is your purse. Also, if your S/O will not be staying with you, ask the hospital for a parking pass. Usually hospitals let you pay for a pass that is good for about 4 days or so and basically anyone can use the pass as many times as needed. And just return it whenever you go home.
    I bought one of those passes for my mom so she wouldn't have to pay for parking everyday she went and a few of my visitors were able to use it.
  • Don't forget camera charger and cell phone chargers. Our hospital provided us with diapers and wipes, so we didn't have to bring ours. Snacks and change(for vending machines).
  • Check google they have awesome lists. The hospital has diapers. If you have a specific nuk you want then bring that. Other wise they do give baby a green soothie brand one. Atleast they did for Levi
  • @Mrz_Jackson, @ExcitedForOctober, @perly, @trixiesmom8, @LeviLuv8: Thanks ladies. I knew beside a change of clothes for me, camera, toothbrush and toothpaste, babies going home outfit. I was clueless. My cousins didn't pack a bag and they regretted it.
  • I Never Packed A Bag I Just Ha My Hubby Bring Me Stuff When I Went HomeThe Only Thing I Brought Was A Tooth Brush/ paste Shampoo/ conditioner And My Brush
  • Two changes of clothes for me n three for lo hospital provided everything else. In fact yhry sent me home with a small pack of pa
    Pampers
  • The hospital had everything i needed. I packed a huge bag and only went inside it to get my chargers. :) i did bring the baby clothes too but she was in the nicu and they had their own clothes for her to wear that made it easy for the iv's and such so she only wore the clothes i brought her home.
  • With both I went into labor at wakes out of town so I never had a bag packed, lol. Sent the boyfriend home for clothes for me and baby and hygenicals and that's all I really used.
  • Oh yeah I Remember forgetting my phone charger and my phone ran out of batterie...lol oops.

Bring:

°4 baby outfits
    °Camera/ charger
    °Or Cell phone with charger that is if you have a camera phone
    °Receiving blanket
    °Regular blanket if temp is cold out.
    °Baby wipes & diapers (Some hospitals provide that)
    °Something comfortable for you to wear.
    °If breastfeeding get some supplies that will help along the process.
    °6 or 7 pads in case you bleed right after.
    °Transportation.
    °Emergency money. Just anything you can save aside. For food stops or for hospital baby photos. Always be prepared for the unexpected. Have that extra money on you will help.
  • edited July 2013
    @Angelmonkeymelody, @candy101, @kitshay, @MyLove2: The only person who has a car is S/O and my cousin. S/O and I hope to be living together before baby gets here. If not that would mean driving from the hospital or his house to my house to get items I need, and I wouldn't want to put anyone through that. That's why I would like to pack a bag.

I'm making a list now:
    • Camera w/charger
    • Phone w/charger [Backup if camera acts up]
    • Rompers w/matching bibs, Rompers are easier for nurses to do random checkup.
    • Going home outfit for baby and me.
    • Socks, mittens and hats for baby (Mainly to match the rompers).
    • 1 or 2 pairs of "Lounge Clothes", Target has some cute and comfy lounge clothes.
    • Nursing bras.
    • SlipperSocks. They're like socks but with the slipper soles. Really comfy.
    • Pads, I don't like the pads they gave my cousins.
    • Underwear, I don't like the mesh panties they gave my cousins.
    • Travel Kit which includes small samples of:
        * Toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash.
        * Soap or Bath/Shower gel.
        * Shampoo and Conditioner.
        * Comb and Brush.
        * Lotion.
        * Nail clippers and filers.
        * Powder.
    • Money for snacks.
    • Emergency money.
  • edited July 2013
    [DELETED]
  • This might sound stupid, but has anyone delivered in a hospital that doesn't provide diapers and wipes for the baby?
    Im just asking because here in Houston all hospitals in the medical center provide diapers, wipes, blankets, pacifiers, formula and few other things. I was also sent home with a big plastic bag full of diapers and pacifiers and wipes and everything they provided. I really thought all hospitals worked that way.
  • edited July 2013
    @perly Saint Benards Hospital. One of my cousins delivered there and they gave her one diaper and asked if she had more. She told them she thought they provided them. They told her no, but they will accommodate her since she didn't come prepared. WTF? They've changed their policy since then though. Honestly I wouldn't take my dog (if I had one) to that hospital.
  • Omg that's crazy! Its kinda like going to the doctor for a shot and having to take your own syringe lol.
  • Take some breath mints, hard candy, etc for dry mouth & chapstick. And maybe snacks for s/o in case he can't get to the vending area.
  • edited July 2013
    @perly: Exactly. That hospital is horrible. One of the nurse let my grandma fall out of her bed. They forgot to pull the railings up on the bed. Glad my grandma was transferred to a new hospital. I DO NOT recommend Saint Benards Hospital at all.

@Wilsomom: Thanks. I forgot about snacks. I carry lipgloss/balm faithfully.
  • Our hospital uses always with wings ultra thin and mesh panties r great for incisions if u end up wiyh one.
  • Well I like your diaper bag listing sounds like you have everything covered Veevee.
  • @candy101: I don't know which ones my hospital have. I heard they use the ones without wings from one cousin and I heard they use the ones with the wings from another cousin. So I'm gonna ask when we do the hospital tour next week. Mesh panties just sound horrible.

@MyLove2: Thank you. :-)