moving!

edited July 2013 in Pregnant
Next week sometime we will be moving.

I'm 13w 4d pregnant and I have a 2yr old. When you ladies were pregnant did you help move stuff at all?

Comments

• We moved during each of my pregnancies. Don't risk it. Make others move thing. You can just unpack and organize. Nothing's worth ruling baby. ;)
  • My husband did not let me move anything. The only thing I was allowed to do was hold doors and tell where boxes go.
  • I was 36 weeks pregnant when we moved 2 yrs ago, I packed everything into boxes and helped more than my husband knows about lol
  • edited July 2013
    I moved when I was 32 weeks and I help lift a ton and everyone was getting mad at me but I don't like to just sit and watch and they were taking too long haha. But I also worked on my feet for 40 hours a week lifting boxes and climbing ladders my entire pregnancy so I was used to it. But you would know if you were doing too much. Just do what you feel comfortable doing.
  • We moved when I was 16wks with Sidney. My husband knew that I would try to do everything and carry a lot, so he fixed my little red wagon and hired movers lol That way even if he wasn't there, he knew I was going to do too much. lol That was a nice, probably one time occurrence.... actually having the money to do that. Maybe just be smart about what you do.... help. but don't over do it.. and be careful :)
  • You can help, just don't carry very heavy things.
    I moved when i was 20wks and i only carried small stuff.
  • With my first i moved 5 days before i gave birth And helped move things just not the real heavy things
  • Just stay with lighter stuff if it feels heavy at all just have someone else do it. Everyone is different and if you're not used to stuff like that on everyday thing then it could be dangerous. Like I'm always picking up my 18 month old and I'm busy body with everything hate to sit around. So I lift stuff all the time and did move with my first pregnancy. But don't do any big big boxes or furniture just to be safe!
  • I did :-/ I was 7 1/2 months pregnant and was forced to because my Husband had to go to the field and they wouldn't let him stay back. He got the big things out but I got heavy boxes and tvs. I'm so glad nothing happened but I wouldn't suggest lifting too much weight. Especially since you're in your second trimester now.