I'm only 11 weeks and I already what I'm having

edited August 2013 in Pregnant
I'm having another girl. I'm very happy that my daughter with have a sister to grow up with.

Comments

• Congrats!
  • Congratulations! How old is your first?
  • Congrats! How did you find out so early?! That's amazing! :)
  • @sands3 @jessibear @Heather3girls1boy. Thanks ladies.

@Jules I have a 16 year old son & a daughter that will be 2 on September 14th. I'm happy my daughter will have a sister, I know my son wanted a brother this time but he'll get over it once he see's this sweet little baby girl.

@Wilsomom I had a genetic blood test that my doctor offered that can detect down syndrome with over 99% accuracy. It also tells you the gender, and this blood test can be done as early as 10 weeks. There are 3 different labs that offer this kind of testing, the one I used was called Verifi. I was so happy because with my daughter I had an amino & I didn't want to risk my pregnancy again this time & now I don't have to.
  • That's exciting! My girls will b almost two years apart little less then two years. Girls are fun! So cute :). Im sure couple more years your son won't care probably like having little sisters, he will keep an eye on them ;)
  • I'm having genetic testing done on Wednesday as Thursday which is the US plus the blood work. Does that mean they can find out ?? I'm 12 weeks at midnight
  • Congrats btw
  • Congrats welcome to Team PINK, my girls will be nine yrs apart but my oldest doesn't care she's just happy to have a sister, but she will have brothers close in age so thats great as well congrats again
  • @adri805 the test she's talking about goes along with the one for down syndrome. If your doctor hasn't told you anything about it, its more than likely because he/she doesn't offer it. They tell you about it before you have it done. I had the same kind of testing but mine was called Jack or Jill.
  • That's awesome! Is this a test anyone can do or are you high risk for downs?
  • @jules Congrats on your 2nd girl, it's so great they will grow up so close.
    @adri805 The test I had was a special test, not just the screening blood test. They offered it to me because of my age.
    @black_butterfly Thanks, I'm so happy to be on team pink again. How many do you have? That's so cite that your daughter is so excited.
    @wilsomom They offer it to anyone over 35 because of the higher risk of down's. But I know not all insurance companies offer it. My supervisor has a different insurance than me & they wouldn't pay for it for her. I'm gonna be 40 when I deliver & that puts me at a 1 in 39 chance of having a child with down syndrome.
  • Oh wow, that makes sense. Mine is just for genetic testing. Forgot which specific ones
  • Thank you! I think it will be fun hopefully they get along well lol
  • I'll be 40 when I deliver this one too! :) I don't think it was even offered to me, but I usually decline those type tests anyways.
  • edited August 2013
    @2ndtimearound this will be baby #5, my oldest is 8 girl, 6 boy, 22 months boy, 11 months boy and baby girl on the way
  • @black_butterfly Wow you must have your hands full. It's about time you had another girl, lol. Congrats!
  • @2ndtimearound yeah I know and thanks