When is the earliest time to tell the gender

edited March 2011 in Babies
I went to see my doctor on the March 10 I asked when can I find out what I am having she laughed at me and said "When we turn 20 weeks then we will find out. I am due sept 13. But there r some people finding out their baby gender that is due after me. I'm frustrated and venting. I need some advise.

Comments

• My friend just found out at 12 weeks,I'm due mid sept,and I wanna know NOW lol
  • Typically at 16 weeks some sooner if they get a 3d ultrasound. Also depends on When Dr does their ultrasounds as well..try doing Some of those old wives tales tricks like the needle trick and old chineese tests they are fun and silly but will keep you some what entertained til you can find out and might even be right. Just Google old wives tale gender tests.
  • @Samantha will I have to ask for an 3d ultrasound or will they make the decision when?
  • I found out at 12 wks and 5dys. It depends on the doc. My sisters. Doctor said at 24 wks my moms previous docs gave her a gender at about 13 wks
  • @ farmerswife your friend has an good doctor mine won't check until I am 20 weeks. @marline I think I'm going to change doctor I am so ready to find out what I am having. I am ready to shop. Lol!
  • I know what u mean! I wanted a girl but my husband wanted a boy he got his wish lol.
  • @marline the both of us want boys.
    @ncoughlin08 I am going to look for someone so I can schedule me one. Thanks ladies!
  • Its not always accurate if they tell you early that's why they like to wait until after 16 weeks normally its 18-22 weeks for the normal. Here is a site that will will show you why :)
    http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html
  • You're welcome hun :)
  • My doctor is checking sex at 17 weeks
  • Mine is just being stubborn she will not check until I'm 20 weeks
  • They say its more clear at week 16 but could be seen as early as end of 12 weeks. But most insurance don't pay for ultrasound unless it has a medical reason so most doctors don't do it until 20 weeks and you can be more sure that it showed.
  • @ammies_baby wow maybe ull get him! U dnt even have to switch doc just schedule an appt for another one it could be nice to get the sex and more ultrasound pics. :) I have medicaid so I did it twice lol even though my doctor gives me 4 ultrasound pics everytime I go :)
  • my doctor doesn't do them until 20 wks either. I was thinking about doing a 3d one next wk but guess I will save my money. 5 more wks I can wait :-( lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @KerrideeRN I never heard of that kind of ultra sound before
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mine was 20 weeks. You don't wanna rush it though cuz its pretty much they see the penis or not. If they don't see it they'll say its a girl but may be wrong :).babies rock!