what to expect in the 2nd ultra sound/anatomy

edited March 2011 in Second Trimester
I know they are looking at the gender, but how long does it usually take? I'm kind of worried, I hope hes healthy. Is this the one they would point out anything that looks bad? I'm really excited though still but I just am a bit paranoid from the baby book stuff.

Comments

• They will check organs and make sure the heart is pumping properly measure bones in legs and arms check for amy birth deffects like cleft paler down sendrom and they will also look at the spine cout fingers and toes its very indepth my last one took 45 mins...can't wait to see this baby in 2 weeks
  • @abby5 Im so excited, I thought I would of gotten this done last week. But they wanted to wait until I was 20 weeks. I just worry that it goes well, I already love him more than anything.:)
  • I know the feeling...I am having my dirt screening in 2 weeks I will be 12w4d then and will find out boy or girl..I see a specialest due to a hemmorage so get lots more ultrasounds.
  • edited March 2011
    @abby5 Wow. Do they know where the hemorage is coming from? I just worry with my lil boy, I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 4 months, so I didn't take prenatal vitamins plus I was eating sushi every weekend. The last ultra sound the Dr kept saying that's a healthy baby but I can't help but worry
  • The plcenta and the wall of the uterus...said it happens 30% of pregnancys...my sis was preg and she wouldn't go to doc she was in deinal she never wanted kids...I finally took her to the doc and she was 34 weeks and never took vitamins and rode her horse...your baby will be great and heathy no worries...I have 3 boys hoping for a lil girl this time :)
  • @abby5 are u serious my very first u.s will b next week its my 20w thou I thought they would let me no if is a boy/girl n send me on my way can't wait to see for the very first time its been a long 20 weeks
  • @pooh22 wow I couldn't imajum going that long without seeing my lil baby...I usually have 4-8 ultrasounds...with my first 2 was less had no complications my 3rd I had plcenta previa so had more to make sure all was good and this one I have the hemmorage so will be getting a lot...good luck :)
  • @abby5 thanks for the reassurance, he looks good. It's a boy, heart was good. 11oz. My fiance works nights, fell asleep.@ home and missed the appointment which sucked but the ultra sound tech couldn't say if everything looked good. I may need to go again bc his chin was down on his chest and they couldn't see the bottom of his brain? But yep.:)
  • @pooh22 they didn't do one on your first appointment? I found out when I was 14 weeks, they thought I was 11 but he felt bigger so they sent me to get it. So I found out then that it was a boy, today just confirmed it :)
  • @mscheyla nope not a one can't wait to have one jus wanna see this baby n no wat it is so I can start shopping
  • @mscheyla...congrats :)...on the bottom of the brain thery were talking about the spinal cord making sure its tied in properly and the size
  • @pooh22 that's crazy. I would of went nuts. Its amazing to watch them move, are they doing the anatomy? @abby5 I was wondering what they were looking for. Since his chin was on his chest they couldn't get a good picture. Im taking a grandly bar or something next time, he moves more after I eat.
  • @mscheyla wat is an anatomy?? Never hurd of that
  • @mscheyla I found out when I was 10 weeks and thought I was 3 - 4 weeks. I ate sushi and drank coffee everyday so I know where You are coming from. Babies seem to be pretty tough. I was told my little one is OK. I think as long ad you are doing the best you can now, that's all That matters.
  • How soon can they do an anatomy??