Electric cigarettes!

edited March 2011 in Parenting
My friend had her lil boy one month ago. Her bd smokes cigarettes n recently invested in an electric one he thinks is amazing and so do I. Theres no second hand smoke and no toxic chems, just nicotine. And u cant smell anything..it just seems like a really good idea for people worried about second hand when thier baby arrives. Idk if it is any better to smoke these while pregnant than normal cigarettes but, it seems cleaner so to speak.

Comments

• It has a warning not to use while prego but that is definitely a good idea for after baby comes, never thought of that
  • Someone posted something about inhaling water vapor being bad. I would do some googling before I started using one. And maybe talk to a doctor about my Google results.
  • I got those to I was gonna use em after I had the baby but I tried it and i didn't like it.... I heard that it works great for trying to quite though... my husband is using them and he likes it he's hoping it will help him quite...
  • I spent like $300 on 2 of them and the guy selling them was like "oh yeah they are perfectly fine for pregos"! So i was like okay i will buy them then i get home and read online that they are just as bad as regular cigs! I went back the next day and wad like you better give me my money back or i will make a scene and he kept freaking trying to sell me ones without nicotine and i was like no give me my money back now! I ended up having to call my husband and he took care of the guy for me :)
  • Electronic cigarettes are bad. Extremely bad for you they are a water vapor you inhale in you lungs which makes you mire vulnerable to pneumonia that's what pneumonia is. It's fluid and "wetness" in your lungs. They also contain a known carcinogen (cancerous). The same one they give to lab rats to give them cancer so they can look for and try to find cures... It's a big no no guys. My mom used to use them she is a nurse she spent hundreds on hers. When she found out she threw them both away, no questions asked.
  • @twigs those are very good sites the second one is better it even says the fda has not approved it. Like other nicotine products... Please don't use these ladies they're very dangerous
  • Uhh im pretty sure inhaling any type of nicotine is bad for u. I only brought it up for use after the baby is born for ppl worried about second hand smoke. Thats like the only benfit from smoking these rather than regular ones, no smell at all.